Kumar Is Gravely Ill

Lots of folks (especially Americans it seems) forget that for most of the world, life is still as Hobbs described it "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short".

Hoping for the best for our kami friend Kumar...Smoke and Song continue.

I'm new here, but I hope Kumar has an idea how highly he is respected for his work and his character, by all the forumites. By those who own a piece of his craftsmanship or have heard the high praises sung. My family is healthy and I'll spend the holidays with them and I shall pray for Kumar. I'll pray for a post to the forum that Kumar is improving.

Never count a man down until he is down. I wish Kumar a full and fast recovery. The doctor who made the initial evaluation has obviously never seen one of Kumar's knives. There is much strength in this man; lets hope he surprises all of us by making many more knives.

n2s

Amen to that. Kumar is young and making blades like a much older Master. When I was about Kumar's age, I had alcoholic jaundice. I was dying and yellow. I stopped drinking and within a year there was no longer any evidence I'd ever drank, the liver healed that good.

Prayers for Kumar.

munk

health is a joy. It's too bad we have to get sick or disabled to realize it.

More prayers for Kumar

My prayers along with my best wishes for a quick recovery for Kumar. Many people, albeit from places far away from yours, pray for you Kumar. Hang in there.

Wishing Kumar a fast and complete recovery.Hang in there,man.Good men are hard to find.

so when/how do we find out how he's doing?>>>>>> DIJ

Yangdu will let us know when she comes home to Reno and then talks to her friends in Nepal. She returns to Reno on Tuesday, I think, tomorow.

munk

Sending prayers from Rock Island. Keep us informed Munk. I'm hoping for the best.

BTTT

Continued thoughts & prayers for most excellent kami Kumar.

Any new word?

Thanks, munk & Yangdu.

Mike

Hep B can kill if untreated. The tragedy is there's a vaccine for Hepatitis A and B. It's cheap, can be administered by almost untrained persons, and the most common side effect is muscle soreness near the injection site.

It would be horrible to lose Kumar, or anyone to these trivial microbes. Let's hope he recovers quickly to a long and happy life.

Back