Kumar Kami is Back!

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, May 23, 2014.

1. snowwolf

snowwolf Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Is this an answer to the "Balance" question? If yes I'm referring to these:
    5-24-14007_zps304bf044.jpg
    and this
    5-23-14001_zpse12dd46e.jpg

2. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    woops, thought you were talking about that guard thingy, love the fishy sheath-- no idea why its called a balance , but it looks like a high quality blade regardless

3. snowwolf

Nov 11, 2013
    Yeah I clearly see where you get that idea. I just can't own them all at the same time. :)

I have a feeling that the "Balance" will be back as opposed to the Super CAK which looks like a beautiful oddity beast.

4. aperdue

aperdue

Aug 2, 2010
    I got the done deal email this morning for the balance. I have never been more eager to send money to someone I've never met :D

5. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Well if that works out good for ya my friend, I'm available to receive money anytime 24/7. We've never met but I do this as a public service.

6. snowwolf

Nov 11, 2013
    Aperdue I can vouch for Bawanna. Your money will be in very good hands :)

7. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    At least for a little bit. Me and money never seem to stay together for any length of time seems like.

Thanks for the vouch.

8. aperdue

aperdue

Aug 2, 2010
    Don't take my comment add a lack of faith. I will have no worries.

9. samuraiprose

samuraiprose

May 21, 2007
    I would love it if that were the case. I came in too late for that one, but it was the ideal target, exactly what I'm looking for in my first. Another long bladed Chiruwa pops up like that fish model and I'm all over it.

10. philllll

philllll

May 23, 2013
    They are called balance knives because the balance point is in the very center, and the knife will balance/sit level on a tree branch, etc.

(Non-H.I. knife pictured)

[​IMG]

11. falar

falar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2012
    Wow, should have kept following this thread. Nice score whoever gets that Super CAK..............

12. snowwolf

Nov 11, 2013
    A mystery shark got the first one here and I snatched the other one Auntie had in stock. I can't wait to feel it in hands.

13. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Kumar Kami

[​IMG]

Kumar is holding the 25'' Sirupati and 25'' Kobra

[​IMG]

Sher the (Tiger) is Kumar's oldest brother. Now Sher return to Birgorkha and he will make the outstanding Knife and Sword.

[​IMG]

Kumar and Sher holding 25 inch Sirupati and Tibetan Sword

[​IMG]

14. falar

Jul 7, 2012
    Cool, love those pictures! Glad to see one of your finest craftsman come home.

That 25" Siru looks like a nice piece...............gah I don't need a third one of those though, that's for sure. I need to stop looking at it.

15. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Now did I hear that right! Sher is coming back? Hot dog!!! Man this is getting good!

[​IMG]

Ya see fellas;)

Beautiful Sword by the way!

16. philllll

philllll

May 23, 2013
    Woohoo!

Here's to hoping Kumar and Sher stay for a long time!

17. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    wow sher is back ! good days ahead for HI

18. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Good to see two of our much missed kamis returning to the family!
    These guys are awesome craftsmen and outstanding producers.
    Maybe things will be looking better this year on the business end. The last couple of years have been trying, to say the least, and I'm sure I don't know the 1/2 of it.

19. falar

Jul 7, 2012
    As someone who has only been around these parts for about two years it does seem like there has been a lot going on. Political upheaval in Nepal, switching to a new location, lots of kamis coming and going, etc.

I hope sales have still been strong at least, would hate to see all of this come to an end.

20. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    AFAIK, sales have been so strong that it's hard to keep stock on hand, but stock shipments have been less.
    IIRC, not too long ago Auntie ended up selling the cupboards almost bare trying to keep up with sales, now it's fighting to get the stock built up again. That's why some models may be unavailable at the time ordered. Hopefully, Auntie is getting stocked up and with these two fine producers shortages won't be a problem.