Kuny's PL-21 Utility Knife and Plier Holder Care

What would be the best way to go about taking care of this Sheath?. It's made of heavy top grain leather and is very stiff.

Leather Care Product's I own are: Moneyworth & Best Saddle Soap, Fiebing's All Purpose Cleaner and Conditioner, and Fiebing's Mink Oil Liquid.

Here's a link to the items web page, in that photo, it doesn't show the writing on it and it is a lighter shade then what I have. It's not expensive, but I'd still like to take care of it, the inside would be harder to get at than the front.

Either of the Fiebings products or just plain Neatsfoot oil (sparingly) would do the job. In very case expect it to darken with use of the products. Use one of those little wire/wool daubers for tyne interior.

Paul

I used the Fiebing's All-Purpose Cleaner and Conditioner on it. I applied it with a clean, cut up cotton shirt, I let it penetrate the leather, after two coats I polished the surface with a dry cotton strip. Haven't tackled the inside yet, as I don't have anything to use; I like how it looks with the darker color.

Should I care if I get some on the flesh side, when applying it to the inside of the sheath?.

Last edited:
Back