+ Kydex for Bushmasters

In eager anticipation of this Run I'm allready making plans to build a couple of these mighty fine 100% handcrafted sheaths for this allready legendary piece of cutlery :D ..

I thought it would be a nice detail when the interior of the sheath matches the color of the handles or the liners :cool:
I ordered a shitload of Kydex in Red, Tan, OD, Gun Gray, Urban Silver, safety Orange, Police Blue and plain Black off course.
Leather can be natural, dark brown, or black.. Choice of threadcolor: White, Tan, Brown or Black..

It will look a lot like the Koster Bushcraft sheath, but made with heavier materials.
http://martinsheaths.blogspot.com/2008/07/dan-koster-bushcraft.html
2 mm Kydex with 2.5 mm Grade A halftanned leather. Integral design with high and low carry beltloop. Solid Brass D-ring for dangler attachment. Drainage hole .. etc..

Imagine black leather with a silver interior.. or black and red.. :jerkit:

natural and tan... ;):thumbup:

What other options would you like to see?
Firesteelloops, pouches, retentionstraps?

Thanks guys..

martin
-blisterfinger

Sounds great.... What would these run? And are shipping charges reasonable from The Netherlands?

Definitely interested. May have to order one for my Bushcraft. For my Bushmaster if I bite the bullet and get on this list. Those sheaths that wrap up all but the last inch and a half of handle drive me nuts. I need more than one finger wrapped around the handle to get it out!

Those sheaths that wrap up all but the last inch and a half of handle drive me nuts. I need more than one finger wrapped around the handle to get it out!

That was excactly my thought.

The classic 'high' pouch relies on the weld to hold the blade in place, but with a kydex core, the kydex takes over this function.. So there can be more handle exposed, while retention stays the same..

Cheers,
martin

ps.
Cocomen replied with PM

Spyken,
PM send..

Sure I´ll do horizontal :cool:
I´m open to discuss all kinds of options and possibilities.

I start building the ´base´ version as soon as I have the knife in hand.
I´ll have both the Budget and the Elite version as the Elite version will probably have a thicker handle.
Once they´re ready I´ll post pics, and you can order then.
If you allready have a specific colorcombination in mind it might help to let me know beforehand.

Thanks
martin

Back