Kydex for the King: Finished page 3

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Gold Member
Good afternoon all,

My experimentation with kydex continues. :D

It was my goal to make a blood red sheath for my King that would match the Azwelke I have for my BK16.

Pics:

AAaLVmZ.jpg

UIerYQk.jpg

3erhc45.jpg

My first serious eyelet application:

hMlpt7y.jpg

TV4dg1u.jpg

7caPZir.jpg

10llCXz.jpg

3wv6hTq.jpg

I still have a lot to learn. It holds the King tightly but I feel it could be better defined. I still need to add a way to attach it to my belt. I also want to create a thumb ridge at the top.

Oh, be careful when you first pull the knife out of the newly shaped kydex, the King will bite...

6CRJkRy.jpg

Nothing pressure and New Skin couldn’t handle. :thumbsup:

Again, if I can do this, you can too! :)

Thanks for looking,
Geof

Makes a big difference.

Lookin good! With everything the way it is, you can still heat and shape the sheath. A heat gun works wonders.

Thank you! Yep, I have a few more mods to make and the heat gun will be instrumental.

The BK9 is only good because of its size, steel, heat treat, high saber grind that makes it step up to do great batoning and chopping blade profile, blade geometry, its way over the top superb handle, its solid thumpin and whumpin pommel, and its affordable price! Beyond that its just a knife that kept me from getting a Jungulass as it was just an inch shorter, or its Mk.2 as its an inch longer? Yes I did think about that Esse but well, already have three BK 9s that really does the same thing as it, and for the price of just 1095 steel one can get two BK9s I think. Oh I did...well the 3rd one came about during a snaffu some how but I gave it a home as well.

Nice looking rig. :thumbsup:

Thank you fellas, I really appreciate both of your comments. :D

I did some more clean up of the lines, gave the necker sheath a thumb ridge, and attached it...

en6zywq.jpg

I still want to make and add a fire steel attachment and I have to add a belt loop.

Honestly, I’m having fun messing with kydex. :)

Looking good man.

Back