1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Kydex sheath wanted for GEC Canoe fixed blade

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by willythekid, Mar 20, 2017.

1. willythekid

willythekid Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Asking members of the porch who they would recommend to get a custom kydex sheath made for my GEC fixed blade canoe... I find the GEC leather sheath way to cumbersome for such a small lightweight knife. I plan on the GEC being my primary BWCA canoe trip blade so I'm thinking I'd rather have kydex although I'm not completely opposed to a small lightweight treated leather sheath as well... I thought I'd ask here on the porch first because I really respect the porch's members opinions and maybe someone here has had a custom sheath for a similar GEC fixie...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  2. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I do not personally have experience with any member's work here. However, I do know there are several supporting vendors here who do custom kydex and leather work.

It might be good to give this area a quick look-see:

Sheaths and Such

Perhaps there are others here who can provide testimonials.

3. WA Martin

WA Martin Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Somebody on the forums, part of the name is Brown, does kydex. I think he's Canadian.