Kydex

I am looking for someone that knows how to form Kydex. I have a revolver that I need to make a holster for. I know what I want in the holster, I just don't know if the kydex will work for what I want.

Welcome to Bladeforums!

Let’s see if we can find the right forum …
attachment.php

Let's start by telling us "what you want"

David:

This is for a Ruger SP101 3". It will be an inside the waist band holster. The holster will cover the trigger guard, and both sides of the hammer (hate getting poked in the fat). I do not know if I will have to make this as a "break front" type holster so the cylinder will clear the holster, or if I will need to cut the holster low enough that the cylinder is partially exposed. What would really be nice would be to have one holster that could be changed from IWB, to under the belt, to a belt holster. This would require changing the clips for the belt. I just don't know if this is practical, or do able.

A break front IWB is a concept that has no merit.

You'll need to form the kydex to allow the cylinder to come up the length of the holster.

While you could make a holster pull: under the belt, IWB and OWB duty, it'd be easier and more efficient to get one holster for each function.

Thanks Dave:

You answered the one major question I had about the cylinder. I will give my idea a try in the next week or two.

Back