Kyle Royer, MS ~ Black Beauty Fighter

Caleb Royer

Photographer
Maker: Kyle Royer, MS
Facebook: Kyle Royer Knives
Black Beauty Fighter: This Fighter bas been coined Black Beauty Fighter for it’s eloquent, black flowing lines, sculpted handle, accented bronze and engraving.
Blade: 5160 High Carbon Steel, 12 inches in Length, Gun-Blued with Shiny Spine, Clip and Blade Edge.
Fittings: Mild Steel with Bronze Accent Spacers.
Handle: 5 3/8 inch African Blackwood Handle.
Engraving: Kyle Royer French Greyed, Running Wheat Engraving on the Guard, Spacer and Pommel.
Sheath: Kyle Royer Tooled Leather Sheath with Gator Skin Overlay.
Overall: Length is 17 3/8 Inches.

click image to enlarge

Wow, this knife is exquisite and the photo captures the details perfectly. Hope this one is for Fisk's show and I get to see it in person.

I'd love to see this basic design theme rendered as a hunting sword. Would be epic.

Id like to see the same photo minus the silhouette shadows in background. They may detract/ distract..
David

:eek: Wow! Kyle, that is such an elegant knfe! I gotta say, it's pretty sexy as well. lol ;)

It's just so incredibly thought out and so perfectly executed. I love how the engravings really highlight the blued fittings.

Was the blade Hot Blued as well (as opposed to cold blued)?

Another great photo as well, Caleb! Thanks for sharing :)

~Paul

My YT Channel Lsubslimed
... (haven't posted any new vids for quite a while though)

Strike like lightning. :cool:
Nice lines and the blued blade and fittings work superbly with the Blackwood.
Great work, Kyle, the small details are amazing and faithfully rendered by Caleb.

Doug

Very sinister looking yet extremely elegant at the same time.
Both knifemaking and knife photography at it's best and all in the same family. Amazing!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The description made me smile, then the photo made me shake my head whilst smiling - just SO good!

Back