1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

L-3 and Wajaski Sword for 2/5

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
  2. Bigbore577

Bigbore577 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Kumar rocks!

3. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    That L2 is masterful. Simply stunning. One of those blades makes you question whether YOU are worthy of it.

4. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    OMG, another L2?! If there tomorrow, I might have to figure something out to afford it, I can't hold back much longer.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  5. Bigbore577

Jun 15, 2006
    Do it, quit talking about it. She will get over it Another might not occur in this leagu!. Best to beg forgiveness, rather than for in this casè, for perrmision. Mine is Irish and German, can't be much worse. Really.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  6. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    I don't have an unlimited expense account for blades, wish I did. Hmmm, maybe I can go bust open a few piggy banks? :D

7. Bigbore577

Jun 15, 2006
    That's the spirit! LOL!

8. ivan51

ivan51

Dec 9, 2003
    wow L2 is sweet I bet james keating would approve :D

9. Tommyd345

Tommyd345

Nov 12, 2015
    Love that Bowie!

10. Red Eagle Trapping

Red Eagle Trapping

Dec 3, 2016
    Thats amazing quality. Great stuff

11. Scara

Scara

Jun 21, 2014
    The cho even would function like the Spanish Notch that he prefers for his blades.

12. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    Red Flower and I have both studied with Mr. Keating. He has one of the first Liberty Series sets. They were inspired by his technique.

Per my comments in another thread, the top of the guard should be aligned with the cho to effectively enable the opportunistic disarms Master at Arms Keating is famous for.

reference the pictures and explanations in the original LS thread at: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1085492-The-Liberty-Series?highlight=Liberty

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  13. CrufflerJJ

CrufflerJJ Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Aug 27, 2006
    "17 inch 24 ounce Liberty series L-2 Knife by Kumar. Red satisal wood handle. Usual fine work by Kumar. $225."

I'll take the L-2 if it's still available. PM inbound.

14. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Need to send an email to the address at the bottom of Yangdu's post. I don't know if she even reads PM's.

Best of luck to ya.

15. Scara

Scara

Jun 21, 2014
    Ah. I remembered that you had talked with him. I didn't realize you had studied with him, or that he owned a set of the blades. He really is something else.

I like the blades. I plan to own an L2 and an L3 at some point. Thanks for designing them.

16. CrufflerJJ

CrufflerJJ Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Thank you, sir! Email sent....