• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Ladder 49

Just watched ladder 49 and I throughly enjoyed it. It is an emotional action packed film with a great score. I would enjoy comments from our resident firefighters as to its authenticity.

kamkazmoto said:
Just watched ladder 49 and I throughly enjoyed it. It is an emotional action packed film with a great score. I would enjoy comments from our resident firefighters as to its authenticity.
Didn't see it yet.

I haven't seen it, but a FF buddy did and said that it was worse than Backdraft. He figured with Travolta being as big of a FD Fan as he is that there might be some realism, but according to him it was more or less so Hollywood-ed that it ruined it for him. But that was only his opinion, I haven't seen it yet. .

I waited a couple weeks to see it,so all the meat whippers would be cleared out by then.

Its a fine movie and an ok fire movie.Yes all the fires were "big ones" would have liked to seen at least one 2 1/2 burning though.

What was missing for me, most would not even think of,like. Nobody worked a second job,nobody brought in food and cooked a big meal,and nobody bitched about working nights,weekends and hoildays in the ghetto! The three things I'm asked about most btw.

Look if they made a movie about people who small gas from their stove,people who live in flith and call the fd to shut off a leaky sink,drunks who fall asleep and start a kitchen fire,well they wouldn't make that movie.

Back