Ladyfinger and Bushfinger

rpn

Gold Member
Took some time, but I have a BF! Thank God, because stalking Mistwalker and the original BF has been exhausting! ;) :D

We have talked about these two so I figured I would post a few pics- the BF is fresh out of the box (it's a beast by the way!) I don't have much of a camera, but it's enough to get an idea...:thumbup:

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg

Last edited:
Nice duo man. I really like that LF. Its between the LF and the HB. But Im a short blade kinda guy so I have a feeling that the HB will win out.

Very nice. I've been trying to snatch up one of Andy's blades also. DI is always a good choice. BB or HB for me I think. Enjoy.

B Griffin

Gold Member
Sweet! The Ironwood looks awesome and the grind on that Bushfinger looks really sweet too! Now I feel one less pair of eyes scoping out my Bushfinger all the time :D

rpn

Gold Member
Very nice man! Glad you got one

Thanks Jared, I'm sure you are still enjoying yours.

I didn't realize that this is such a beast of a knife. I picked it up and it's impressive- this is a I am going to hell and coming back blade...look forward to talking it for a spin and Mist is right, the grind is amazing. It's insanely sharp...

B Griffin

Gold Member
Thanks Jared, I'm sure you are still enjoying yours.

I didn't realize that this is such a beast of a knife. I picked it up and it's impressive- this is a I am going to hell and coming back blade...look forward to talking it for a spin and Mist is right, the grind is amazing. It's insanely sharp...

Andy's grinds are amazing! I have had a blast with my Bushfinger over the last year, and I have really been having a blast with the Hunter lately too. The Hunter has been getting a really good work out lately and I couldn't be happier with the results I'm seeing. I'm looking forward to getting out and do some stuff with it that I can post the photos of. It's finally cooling off so I have some things in mind already.

B Griffin

Gold Member
All of the Fiddlebacks I have tried will. The biggest problem with Andy, for me personally, is that I like every knife i have handled. With most makers and companies I love some knives, am ok with some, and then don't care much for others. With Andy's knives I like them all and that can make deciding which to carry on a particular day to the woods a challenge. Now I have to weigh out other places I may go before or after and decide on which size will be better suited. If it is just to the woods and home I tend to go with the Hunter now in an effort to preserve the one-off Bushfinger, if an urban environment will come into play I take the Hiking Buddy, and if i am just here at home in my own woods then it is usually the Bushfinger. But then there there are those days I know I am going to be bushwacking through briers and take the machete and the Hiking Buddy is chosen as the companion knife...so a saber H.B. is now definitely next on the list, then I'll look at the Recluse again, then probably a Woodsman, a comp cutter, etc... and see just how complicated I can make field prep....:)

Last edited:

rpn

Gold Member
Got out for a quick minute today. Those are the best fuzz sticks I am capable of. I'll tell you, I'm in bushcraft knife heaven. The BushFinger is like "buttah"...it's an amazing blade and the handle ergos are fantastic. Included are a few photos with my Koyote Great Basin knife and Scrap Yard War Dog...these are oh so freaking good!!!!!!

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

Got out for a quick minute today. Those are the best fuzz sticks I am capable of. I'll tell you, I'm in bushcraft knife heaven. The BushFinger is like "buttah"...it's an amazing blade and the handle ergos are fantastic. Included are a few photos with my Koyote Great Basin knife and Scrap Yard War Dog...these are oh so freaking good!!!

IMG_3549.jpg

Oh how i like that BF with those scales and liners!!!!!!!!!

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Dealer / Materials Provider
Neato pics. That Coyote looks nice too!

Dragging this up from the dead.
rpn, how do these compare doing actual work? It appears the blade height is the only major difference.
Also, do you have any experience with the Hunter model?
I am looking at getting a Fiddleback knife, but just can't decide between the Ladyfinger, Bushfinger and Hunter.
Thanks for any help.

rpn

Gold Member
Sorry I'm so slow on the response, I saw the question the other day and spaced on it.

No expereince with the Hunter. I like the handle of the Bushfinger more than the LF and thought it was better for food prep. The bushfinger is a much larger and more substantial blade, but the LF works big for it's size. I ended up having to let the BF go (forgot I ordered a generator and figured I should pay for it! ;) ) I'm pretty much set for knives in that size too and really enjoy the LF, it's a great woods blade, very light and well balanced- plus it was a birthday present! My enjoyment of the LF actually has me looking at the Recluse...one in 1/8 would be awesome I think...fuller handle than the LF and narrower blade than the BF.

Don't know if that helps or no!