Lan-Cay 1995

Hi, I have a M9 bayonet made by Lan-Cay in 95 and it has the letter M stamped on butt. Any ideas what this may be please?

Well... What do you want to know? There is a massive amount of knowledge here on this forum.

Hi, I have a M9 bayonet made by Lan-Cay in 95 and it has the letter M stamped on butt. Any ideas what this may be please?

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that it's an M9 bayonet made by Lan-Cay with the letter M stamped on its butt. ;)

What specifically are you asking? The M9 bayonet is a reasonably stout 7" knife produced by a series of companies (in your case LanCay, later restyled to Lan-Cay). IIRC, the blades are 420HC. They're super common (I see them a bunch on gun show knife tables, for example) and can be purchased quite inexpensively.

I've been considering adding a Lan Cay to my bayonet collection. I am courious what the "m" is for, myself. Keep in mind that the M9 is an "assembled" knife. You may have a "Franken-knife" because many parts interchange between brands. Who knows how many times that knife's been apart.

M7's I know, M9's, not so much.

Last edited:
Back