Lan-Cay 1995

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Staunch29, Jun 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Staunch29

Staunch29

Jun 26, 2017
    Hi, I have a M9 bayonet made by Lan-Cay in 95 and it has the letter M stamped on butt. Any ideas what this may be please?

2. Staunch29

Staunch29

Jun 26, 2017
    Any experts on M9 bayonet please? 95 Lan-Cay

3. WadeWilson

WadeWilson

Mar 21, 2011
    Well... What do you want to know? There is a massive amount of knowledge here on this forum.

4. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that it's an M9 bayonet made by Lan-Cay with the letter M stamped on its butt. ;)

What specifically are you asking? The M9 bayonet is a reasonably stout 7" knife produced by a series of companies (in your case LanCay, later restyled to Lan-Cay). IIRC, the blades are 420HC. They're super common (I see them a bunch on gun show knife tables, for example) and can be purchased quite inexpensively.

5. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    evilgreg summed it up. Now go stick it on the front of an AR15, and rock on.

6. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I've been considering adding a Lan Cay to my bayonet collection. I am courious what the "m" is for, myself. Keep in mind that the M9 is an "assembled" knife. You may have a "Franken-knife" because many parts interchange between brands. Who knows how many times that knife's been apart.

M7's I know, M9's, not so much.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017