Lanyard, Clips, and Carry Methods?

I'm sure these questions have been asked a million times, but I'm new here :p

* Do most of you leave the lanyard / fob on or remove it?
* How do you carry your seb....clipped to a pocket? In your pocket? In a sheath?

Just curious :)

Brent...

:p

I leave the fob/lanyards on. I usually carry the small clipped ot the pocke or inside my waistband with the lanyard tucked under my belt. The large I will carry clipped in my pocket, RF or RR depending on what else I have on me.

I leave the lanyard or change it out for a dark brown leather lanyard. I have tried lanyards on other knives but just don't like it.

Is it me or is the Sebenza the only folder that just looks great with a lanyard and seems to be missing something without.

Usually carry clipped, but Mnandi is usually in the pocket.

JT

I carry mine in the belt sheath provided by CRK, also I leave the lanyard on.

I carry a Large or Small clipped to my left hand front pocket. I have never carried them with out a lanyard of some sort. I prefer to use leather than cord, it just looks better and classier all dressed up.

Attachments

• resample 2 sebs 3.jpg
    resample 2 sebs 3.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 463
Lanyard off and replaced with a dark brown leather one that goes down in the pocket easier. Clipped in my right front pocket.

I carry my small unique in the old style pouch that came with it in my pocket. The lanyard is on and it is used to remove it from the pouch when I wish to admire or use it.

Although I love Sebenza's, they are a bit on the plan side. That is why a brightly colored lanyard looks so hot on them.

I break my CRK down enough to remove pocket schmeg, pivot gunk, etc. that a lanyard has become cumbersome to remove/replace. But then again, I've never been much of a lanyard guy...

Professor.

Professor,

I too think the lanyard is too mch of a pain to retie every week or sooner when I break down the knife, done away with that for my carry small seb and I prefer it without, I didnt like the idea of having to reposition my hand after removing the knife in the first place. IMO it looks quite handsome without the lanyard.

JC

My Sebenza knives do not feel right without a fob/lanyard. I do remove the clips from Sebenza knives.

In fact, my new Mnandi feels awkard without one, I have ordered an additional rear spacer to experiment with fob attachment.

I prefer to carry the Mnandi without clip, the older small leather pouch fits perfectly. The early small pouch is considerably narrower in width than the present small.

Perhaps CRK could offer a modified rear spacer with ring for the fob attachement?

Regards,
FK

Originally posted by Turbo man
Although I love Sebenza's, they are a bit on the plan side. That is why a brightly colored lanyard looks so hot on them.

I've used a few different colored lanyard's my small line drive model.Carry method is a G2 canted sheath :D

The Seb has the best clip made on a folder. I use it on both my large and small. It secures the knife and keeps it where it is quick to get at. The lanyard came off on mine the day it arrived. I use it way too much and so I wash it every day or so. Nothing to hold dirt or moisture that way.

I use Gunslick on the pivot so it stays put through washings and does not attract dust.

I took the lanyard off of my small sebbie a few days after I got it.

I've also taken the lanyard off all but one of my knives (the lone exception being a small necker that's too small to grip otherwise).

For me, the lanyard gets in the way too much for the limited utility it offers (although it does look cool!). I can't remember the last time I cut something in a circumstance in which I'd lose the knife if I dropped it. If that situation did arise, I would take a cord out of my pack or pocket and bend it on the knife to use as a lanyard. If was too lazy to do that, I would also have been too lazy to untie the lanyard that would have otherwise been on the knife.

It also concerns me that, with the lanyard sticking out of my pocket (because it seems to invariably work it's way out), the lanyard provides an easy "handle" for some slick pickpocket to slide my knife out of my pocket without me feeling it.

My graphic sebenzas get carried in their leather slipcases, or a belt sheath. Plain sebenzas are either clipped to or dropped in my rf pocket. I usually leave the lanyards on, and don't find them a problem at all when stripping the knife to clean/lube- I just loosen them up a bit, and tighten them when finished.

Frank

All of my Sebbies have a lanyard.

All but one has a clip.

And I have a canted belt sheath for the large Plain and a necker/hi-ride sheath for the large Classic.

Life is good ! :D

Back