Lanyard pivot

I haven't taken my new sebenza apart yet and was wondering if I cut or untie the lanyard will the blue pivot stay in place or is the cord the only thing holding it in place?

I haven't taken my new sebenza apart yet and was wondering if I cut or untie the lanyard will the blue pivot stay in place or is the cord the only thing holding it in place?

I just had the same issue with my Small Sebenza 21. First I took out the lanyard by unknotting. The paracord came out and left the pin. However the pin does rattle a bit of left in but it does stay in place. I wound up just taking the knife apart and removing the pin. Hope this info helps.

The large sebenza has a lanyard pin that has no shoulders, so this one will fall out. The small one has shoulders so it will stay in, but may rattle a bit as mentioned above. If you have a large, you can try putting o-rings on the inside, or take a piece of the lanyard and put it through and melt the ends together to hold it.

I believe the cord is holding it in place.

This is true for the older models! The newer ones( cannot specify since when exactly though) are made in a different way, and dont need the rope to hold it in place!

What I normaly do, is untie the lanyard, to leave te pin in place!

Goodluck,

Niels

I am curious why you would want the pin if you don't have the lanyard? I mean, perhaps consider just taking it out rather than untying it.
The older lanyards didn't have a pin and with no lanyard you would just have the holes, they don't bother me that way.

My large is dated 10-3-12. I untied it and the pin falls out, I didn't want the lanyard but didn't just want the holes, so it didn't work the way I wanted.:(

I was the same way when I got mine. I wasn't crazy about the lanyard, but didn't want to lose te lanyard pin because I like the look, so I kept the lanyard on. I actually find it useful and have since kept it on.

Great suggestion on the O-rings!

For a Large Sebenza I use size #007, which are 5/32" inside diameter, O rings that I get from my local NAPA auto parts store. I use two of these on the lanyard pin. Using two keeps the pin nicely centered and in place. Easy to install with a press-on fit. I am also one who prefers to have the pin in place for appearance but having the lanyard removed. The O rings work great, are easy to apply, and are ridiculously inexpensive. Hope this helps. :)

Desert, I might have to give that a try, thankyou sir...

You are indeed most welcome.

The first time I installed the two O rings on my Large Sebenza's lanyard pin I did it without disassembling the knife. I carefully slipped each little O ring in between the scales of the knife and managed to (somehow) fit them over and onto to lanyard pin, then centering the pin in correct position within the scales. Believe me, this is NOT the way to do it. It would have been a whole lot faster and easier if I had just disassembled the knife, at least partially, and installed the lanyard pin with the two O rings already in place and centered on the pin! Which is the way I have done it since.
I still have a good laugh at myself over that one!! :D

Last edited:
Back