1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

lanyard

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Mr.HD, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Mr.HD

Mr.HD

Sep 29, 2016
    Who makes there own lanyard? What are things to look for in buying paracord? thanks

2. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm

Feb 25, 2014
    I make lanyards and fobs out of paracord to keep my hands busy. The big question is the color...aesthetics you know. Next is nylon or polyester construction, as they work a bit differently. It's mostly personal preference, try a bit of both and see what you like. Last is the number of strands, with 5 being average. I like 7 strand cord for a fuller feel and greater tensile strength, but five will do fine for most things. I just think the 7 covers a 1" bearing a bit easier and is slightly firmer for knots. Again, it's all personal preference, try a grab bag of different compositions and see what works for you.

3. wvriverats

wvriverats

Nov 21, 2008
    I like a lanyard on a clipped knife. It helps to locate and draw. There are tons of youtube videos showing how to weave knife lanyards. I usually pull the inner core out of mine, it just makes it more pliable. As far as paracord there are tons of sites also, too many options to choose from. Paracord is cheap. For knife lanyards almost any will do. Beads are great. That is where you will spend the most money,if they interest you.

4. Kai Winters

Kai Winters

Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  5. Smokinape

Smokinape

Jan 21, 2011