Large Classic w/leather inlays

ARtsig1

Banned
Just got off of Larry's site; Bladeart. Seems he had a large Classic Sebenza with leather inlays. Said it was of French origin that Chris had picked up. I don't know for sure what it looks or feels like but should real soon as I told him to send it on:D :D

I also noticed that Arizona Custom Knives still has a large Classic with Mad. Rosewood inserts. I just hope to enjoy the classic as much as I have my standard ironwoodie!!!

Anyone else tried one of the new Classic inlays out? Whats your thoughts?

jimmy like. good looks, good feel, good price. That leather one has been nagging at me for a month (larry emailed me a pick when he got it in NY), so thanks for putting me out of my misery.

...if I could only have them all...

I've always liked the classic.They seem especially nice if you have large hands or difficulty opening the Seb. I'm just really glad they now have an inlaid classic. It doesn't quite fill the hand like a regular woody but it is more comfortable then plain metal.

Next up, the Small Classic w/ Leather Inlay

I just set up a pre-order with Bridget. She said they should be available about June (2002)

stjames, I should be the first to have one in SF.:)

Originally posted by Architect
stjames, I should be the first to have one in SF.:)

Good man, we'll show that NC posse a thing or two!

Great, small classic inlay, another thing to torture my will...

It's going to take a while to catch up with matching the current sets, now they add a size and start mixing in other inlay material. And me not buying myself anything until after the Holidays...

and I haven't even gotten into damasacus yet ;)

Glad to hear you got the Classic w/leather inlay Art. You will love it. I saw the pics that Larry took and it is sweet :D

michael :D

Oh man, I really like this Classic! I had a large Classic last year but traded it before giving it a chance. That now appears to have been a mistake:eek:

I've had the large Classic with black leather inlays for a couple of days and am very impressed so far. That black leather against the polished titanium really, I mean REALLY looks great! It also gives it a different feel in your hand. The leather doesn't stick out like the wood does on my regular but you can still feel it as you grip the handle and it gives a better purchase, not to mention a warmer feel than the bear metal.

That pointer blade has really been a pleasant surprise as I was sure the standard blade profile was the only way to go.

Well thats all I've got to report for now. Just glad I took the plunge on a Classic:D :D !!

Stjames I'll thank you to not be calling me a posse........I ain't a fraid of nuthin';) :D ;)

Originally posted by daytona

I kept looking at the photo of your Blue Leather Classic. I just couldn't stand it anymore.

I called Larry at BladeArt today and told him to send, without delay, the last one he had. It's dark brown leather and can be seen on his website.
Eric

Larry and BLADEART will treat you right- Great guy for a short dude :D BUT you should have checked my site :) it and others oddities such as the "flag sebenza's" and a large woody are available.... Enjoy that new knife as I do my personal CRK's

Originally posted by tallpaul

Larry and BLADEART will treat you right- Great guy for a short dude :D BUT you should have checked my site :) it and others oddities such as the "flag sebenza's" and a large woody are available.... Enjoy that new knife as I do my personal CRK's

What's the URL for your site? I would be glad to check it out.

I was looking for a large woody when I came across the leather inlay classic. A small woody is still in the near future for me. I thought about the wood inlay classic as the price is right but the leather one turned me on big time.

I got the Reeve bug last month when I picked up a Mnandi. That was shortly followed by a small wood Damascus Sebbie. It would seem as if my bases are covered but I am already looking for the small woody.

Eric

Originally posted by daytona

What's the URL for your site? I would be glad to check it out.

Eric

Eric- I could not e-mail you but at the bottom of my posts is a link to a temporary site.... Addictive aren't these things Sebenza :D

Originally posted by tallpaul

I took a look at your site and was impressed. Are you a dealer for Chris Reeve or are all those knives for sale just part of your collection?

Eric

Yes daytona I am a small representative of crk, well if ya' can call 6'5 and 260 "small" and a few others feel free to e-mail me with questions if you want...

I am sold...but on a small (verses large) leather inlay. TallPaul still has a beautiful navy blue large classic inlay waiting for a good home. It was born on 10/31/01 and I think the blue inlays match the thumbstud quite nicely.

Back