Large CR One Piece...... help

I have been offered a large CR one piece that I think is called a Jereboam?

Is this name correct? Any idea on what a good price would be?

Thanks

mark

This knife is not a currently made model. It is a Jereboam M1. I check the CRK site but could not see any reference to it there.

Mark

Mark, I believe they sold for $350; so $300 would be a good price.

View

------------------
Rick Gray - Left Handers Unite

Rick is correct..
They sold for $350.00 and that is a great value..
Limited number made..
Very Nice too..

Murray

We have made two different models with the name Jereboam - Mk I is the 9 inch clip point with a saw back; Mk II is the 9 inch clip point without sawback. The models with the sawback are more expensive and, since a new Jereboam Mk II retails at $375, there is more value in the Mk I. We do not make the Jereboam Mk I any longer - haven't since 1994 - so there is added collector value. If the knife was made in South Africa, there would be even more value.....

Anne

[This message has been edited by Chris Reeve Knives (edited 02-20-2001).]

If I recall correctly, the Jereboam was available from CRK several months ago. What happened, why was it discontinued?

I doubt that anyone who knows what they have would let a Mark I go for $300.00 or even $350.00, especially if it's in good condition. I've seen South African versions go for as much as $500.00, in new condition.

CRK made a few MK II's & other 9" knives in mid 2000. Not a regular production run.

Don't know all of the details but they don't make them on a regular basis.

------------------
Dennis Wright
Wright Knife & Sporting Goods
La Mesa, CA
1-800-400-1980
wrightknife@ixpres.com
("Have a knife day!")

Dennis, I posted a Jereboan 2 and I've seen them for $300.
smile.gif

------------------

Rick, I'll concede that, sometimes, you may see them that low, or even lower, (I got my SA MK II for $165.00 a couple of years ago)
smile.gif
but the MK I's tend to run higher, especially if the owner knows what he has.

All I'm saying is don't be too surprized if the owner of a South African MK I or any other model asks a premium price.

Sometimes you get lucky, though, and find a bargain. I guess that's the fun thing about shopping the 'net.

------------------
Dennis Wright
Wright Knife & Sporting Goods
La Mesa, CA
1-800-400-1980
wrightknife@ixpres.com
("Have a knife day!")

Dennis,

I have to agree with you on the up to $500 for a South African MK I.
smile.gif

I missed the MK I on my first response.
redface.gif

------------------

Back