Large Custom Bushcrafty style sheaths

Discussion in 'Fletcher Knives' started by wildmanh, Mar 10, 2013.

1. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Here is a custom bushcraft style sheath that I made for my Fiddleback forge Camp Knife:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been wearing this sheath off and on for the last 9 days and really like the way it carries.

Here are some pictures of the Unfinished sheath, taken right after the leather dried from Wet forming:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Specs:

8-10oz Brown Saddle Skirting from Wickett & Craig. Double stitched by hand with Artificial Sinew. Standard belt loop, tie down loop, Shackle and Dangler loop, Nickle hardware. Custom wet formed to my Camp knife. All edges blackened and the while sheath is sealed with 2 generous coats of Mo ntana Pitch Blend Leather dressing.

2. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    These next 2 sheaths were custom fitted to the customers knives. He ordered both and asked that they match as closely as possible. Both knives are hand forged customers in custom leather. The Larger knife is a Custom 10" cleaver, the smaller knife is a 5" bushcrafter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Cleavers sheath has a Tie down loop and 2 extra D-rings for Baldric carry. They are both made from 8-10oz Saddle Skirting. That's my standard leather.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  3. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    Reserved for more pictures.

4. Fletcher Knives

Fletcher Knives STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO Moderator

Aug 30, 2007
    Very cool brother!

5. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    Thanks Dylan!

6. XxdrpxX

XxdrpxX

May 31, 2011
    Heber makes fantastic sheaths. I'll put up pictures of mine tomorrow.

7. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    Thanks! I look forward to seeing the pictures.

8. XxdrpxX

XxdrpxX

May 31, 2011
    Sorry a little late on the pics Heber :). I'll be contacting you for couple more sheaths, as I have a Ulysses inbound, and a bush operator that needs tough little pair of pants. Here's a group shot of my current Fletcher collection.
    [​IMG]
    Now here's two Heber sheaths. One for my orange handled BOXL, and the other for my Tango.
    [​IMG]
    Here's a shot of the spines
    [​IMG]
    Backs showing loop and dangler.
    [​IMG]
    Here you can see the quality in Hebers stitching.
    [​IMG]
    And a closer look at the hard wear used.
    [​IMG].

Here's looking to a few more pairs of pants for my Fletcher's.

9. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    WOW Todd! You have a serious collection there! I don't even have that many of my knives. lol. Thanks a ton budski!!

10. XxdrpxX

XxdrpxX

May 31, 2011
    Lol thank you Dylan, I enjoy them. The blood and guts is my go to knife, and I wear it anytime I'm riding my Harley. I think the ergonomics make it a great self defense blade. I carry it weak side with my p238 on my strong side off duty. The BOXL will see some action once I open my cabin this spring, and the Ulysses will get to do some chopping. The delta has skinned a deer. If you ever get the urge to make a flashy blood and guts let me know, I'll sport 2 lol.

11. Fletcher Knives

Aug 30, 2007
    I'm making a note of that right now.