Large Print style

There are a number of issues that I'm going to have to tackle with this style. I'm clearly going to have to draw out a roadmap

hmmm larger is better, but it seems larger and bold? bold makes it look more sloppy.. and the font size needs to be original BF, this large font is too ... something.. meh miss old site :( trying to get used to this still and ugh.. could we have old still or new? I haven't looked into this fully, but perhaps this is a completely new forum build/program.. oh well thanks for maintaining it with our $$ support :) keep us happy :) $ isn't free yet that I know of :D

-------

I added this after I had a brain fart. If you agree with my comment about font style, then just keep BFC default as your font, and just use the browser zoom, ctrl + + < ctrl button plus the + sign. + and - zoom in and out and I think its way better then the BFC font... cheers!

Last edited:
Many thanks for the new large print option. Being in trifocals, it really makes a difference. Love it.

I like the new large size format here better than on the old one. Thanks. Its a learning curve thing, I had to post a difficulty in trying to find old posts and threads that I started, but cannot access those anymore in the user CP- I started another thread on this issue in tech.

Ahhh yes LARGE Print. Now if you can only move the bathroom closer to the Bed ......:)

whose idea was the serifs?
Some of the complaints about the new format don't make much sense.
The old large print had no serifs, and was perfectly readable. I have screenshots of the old style and it is not any less white or blue than the new, etc.
The serifs make it look more cluttered and less readable.

The old large print had no serifs, and was perfectly readable. I have screenshots of the old style and it is not any less white or blue than the new, etc.

I shot the serifs.

Much better now (I like the font).

It is, but what I (and I think Coop) had in mind was making the username larger relative to the rest of the text around it (e.g., user title). Similar to what it was like with the old format, with the username in a larger font and user title, post count, location, and so forth in smaller fonts.
^^^ Yes. Exactly. Thanks for clarifying.

You have made many nice changes. The one I am still wishing for is this one. Previously, the post default text was, say, 12pt, and the username was 14-16pt. Now it's ALL 12pt. The username is bold, but even that cramps it and keeps it small.

Going to the large print style (yuck) enlarges both to the same degree, so no distinction.

Coop

no kidding, this font needs to go, cluttered and slower to read than old by far. not fancy, but noisy.. this isn't some literature here, this is a forum.. fast is good.. make the font ORIGINAL PLEASE.

if we could have the option to have old style of font and sizing back that would be INSANELY COOL, you do know this right?

The old style isn't compatible with the new software, otherwise I'd never have changed it.

Here kids, now there's a serif and a sans serif large print style. Happy?

geeez

It looks as clear as it did back in 1968. :D

The WHO - I Can See For Miles (1968)

[youtube]Hje28F-IhLo[/youtube]

SANS SERIF is a huge help, thanks dad. :) getting happier.. now what about the nick text size :) and... heheh keep up the good work and get us back to something close to old :)

Glad there is large print. Much better. I'll keep that setting as my default. Thanks.

I like the larger print. I can read the smaller just fine, but find scanning the large type for typos and such easier.

I thanked you about fifteen minutes ago for the larger size type. Now, after reading on the site some more, I REALLY WANT TO THANK YOU AGAIN for being so considerate of us who will benefit from the new size!

Thanks, Spark! I love the larger font, it's much easier on the eyes.

Back