Large Sebenza/Insingo FULL BACK SPACERS...

Man Boomer, I'm excited to see this coming along! I'm looking forward to getting some!

Man Boomer, I'm excited to see this coming along! I'm looking forward to getting some!

I second this!! I missed out last time. :/
They are coming along quite nicely!!

Those are looking good is there any problem putting them on left headed knives?
Hmm... I'm not what you would call an expert on CRK knives... however IF the left hand version is a mirror of their right hand knives... then yes the BS will fit.

Just coded up an embellished INKOSI back spacer... I added cogging and chamfered upper edges. I'll attempt to machine this version sometime today or tomorrow...
xTqXgqr.jpg

For the Large 21 I've modified the code so that the $5 CRK stepped lanyard pin will be employed VS the more expensive MXG Gear lanyard pin. I also slightly modified the profile of the cogged back spacer reducing the projected height by about a third of what I had been machining previously. I also added a chamfer.
32nk2Lp.jpg

I can now offer a low profile smooth back spacer with a small amount of pivot end gimping...
8e7uU1K.jpg

In developing the Umnamzaan back spacer I eliminated the stock round back spacer at the heel and that has been successful. I will be doing the same with the Large 21... eliminating the stock round back spacer at the heel. By doing that I will no longer need the big swell at the heel end that creates some clearance issues with the various blade profiles. I'll be playing with that soon.

I have developed a number of new items that have just gone through prototyping however I'm still experimenting with several designs and new (for me) materials and not at the production stage for anything as yet.

OK... did the code modification to eliminate the round metal spacer use in the Large 21. The full back spacer and not the round metal spacer will now provide the necessary .154" gap between the scales. This allows me to greatly reduce the swell dimension and have larger clearances for all blade profiles.

I just dug out some red linen Micarta and will machine a test pair to proof the new lower profile, chamfers, and reduced swell code mods. I've not machined linen Micarta previously... so testing multiple things here...

rqm4qAH.jpg

BOOMER52 BOOMER52 . I was hoping that I could keep the stock spacer on like you had it. But I understand from an engineering stand point this makes more sense.

Last edited:
Machined the NEW lower profile design out of some red linen Micarta. My first foray with this material and so far I'm not a fan of linen.

One installed in the loner Lg 21 I'm evaluating whether I've reduced the projection profile a bit too much. The red Micarta would not be a choice I would make for this particular inlay Sebenza... but it's what's available for development and fitment.

LdY0vGq.jpg

ot3T0qc.jpg

HbSc2yV.jpg

For the Large 21 I've modified the code so that the $5 CRK stepped lanyard pin will be employed VS the more expensive MXG Gear lanyard pin. I also slightly modified the profile of the cogged back spacer reducing the projected height by about a third of what I had been machining previously. I also added a chamfer.
32nk2Lp.jpg

I can now offer a low profile smooth back spacer with a small amount of pivot end gimping...
8e7uU1K.jpg

In developing the Umnamzaan back spacer I eliminated the stock round back spacer at the heel and that has been successful. I will be doing the same with the Large 21... eliminating the stock round back spacer at the heel. By doing that I will no longer need the big swell at the heel end that creates some clearance issues with the various blade profiles. I'll be playing with that soon.

I have developed a number of new items that have just gone through prototyping however I'm still experimenting with several designs and new (for me) materials and not at the production stage for anything as yet.
I need the smooth version. Please!

Yes, a smoother version...large 21 white micarta and a Cf and im all over that please. :D

I've settled on three back spacer profile designs for machining. The original cogged profile... a chamfered cogged profile... and a smooth profile.

COGGED profile...
pvZHXDT.png

CHAMFERED COGGED profile...
c3XYlxo.png

SMOOTH profile...
LKQrFbj.png

Those look great. But I dont see a need for the standard cogged. The chamfered version is superior in every way while achieving that extra tactical feel and look some are looking for

I'd say just offer the two. Unless it's just that easy to have the three options.

Great work!

Back