Large Sebenza, Too Large?

I carry my small plain about 90% of the time and find it to be the perfect size to clip to my front pocket or dropped inside my pocket if I want.

Just the right size for all those tactical apples and killer tomatos us cubicle dwellers most encounter on a daily basis!

Not trying to start an arguement but, what can a large Sebenza do that a small one can't? I have nothing against the large size and in fact I'll probably own one eventually but since the small is easier to carry in a pocket on a regular basis, and is less conspicuous, I'm curious as to what advantages there would be to carrying the large size.

Thanks Everyone,

I've decided after a lot of thought to get a small sebenza. I actually made fake closed sebenzas, large and small, out of wood to see how it would feel carrying them around in my back pocket. The large was a little to large and the small was just right. Another thing that made this a difficult decision was that I've got several other folders that are just under 3 inches and thought getting another knife the same size would be too much. The other knives however, don't get carried often because they aren't hardly close to the level of usefullness and strength of the sebenza.

Thanks for all of your replies,
Larry

greenie,

How about some pics!!! Sounds like a nice knife....

Michael

------------------
He who has smelt the smoke is never free again...

Hey, you got me!

I didn't actually make wooden Sebenzas, I'd take up a new profession if I did that. I just made wooden slabs of the Sebenzas in there closed positions based on specs from different web sites. Making them did help me make my decision, the large one reminded me I was carrying it each time I sat down
smile.gif

I actually did something similar back when I was trying to decide between a small or a large. I drew the outline on paper, but it seems you took it a step further.
smile.gif

-Johnny

G2 finished my sheath and sent me a scan last night. I'll take the knife to work tomorrow and scan it and the new G2 sheath together. I'll ask G2 if he will attach the pic to this thread.

------------------
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"...TR

See the item immediately below, posted by G2, to see my new small decorated Sebenza and G2s latest masterpiece sheath.
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by greenie (edited 03-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by greenie (edited 03-14-2000).]

Here is Greenie's decorated Small Sebenza, nice knife, he ask to have the sheath reflect the comet that is on the handle, he drew up a drawing to go by and I used that to layout the pattern on the leather, used some red dye to brighten the center of the comet, would have gone lighter on the overall sheath but that didn't work out in this case, some of the black dye for the arrow line weeped into the surrounding edges, so I went with a slightly darker overall colour, this was the second attempt as the first was much darker, but still nice, I'll probably finish up that top section and wear it myself, the comet on that one isn't the bright red that this is.

The knife would go in with the butt end first and the pivot section sticking out, so the pattern isn't the same way as it is when it's in the sheath, just positioned this way to show the two patterns, also the clip is removed on this style of carry. This one worked out to be about one of the best holding sheaths for the small Sebenza that I've made so far, really snaps into place when returning the knife to the sheath.

carl3.jpg

Here is a scan I did at home on my new scanner, using my small Sebenza inserted in the sheath.

comet.jpg

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

[This message has been edited by Gary W. Graley (edited 03-13-2000).]

G2,

Thanks for posting the pic!

Greenie

------------------

Back