• STOP USING PAYPAL FRIENDS & FAMILY
    Please, help us prevent you getting ripped off because someone got their account compromised by reusing their email & password. Read the new best practices for using the Exchange FAQ page.

Large Sebenza with the Mayo Touch (Lot of Pics)

fewpop

Gold Member
Sold.

Here's one I know I'll kick myself later for parting with, but here goes:

A large regular Sebenza which was customized by Tom Mayo. I bought this one awhile back from a well-respected fellow forumite. It has sat unused since then. It is in excellent condition. I don't have paperwork or box, but the prior owner told me it was born 1/2000 which would make it BG-42 blade steel.

Some of the Tom Mayo custom touches include sharpening, custom dual thumb studs, reversed pivot and frame screws, Mayo-nizing the action, milling the lockbar to make it suitable for left or right hand users and easier to disengage the lock, and of course, the true Mayo touch of drilling holes in the frame which really make this a light carry. It's buttery smooth, very sharp, perfect lockup, no blade play, dead centered blade. It has a couple of very light handling scratches about an inch forward of the thumbstud which I tried hard to photograph. They are barely visible in the closeup provided below. This is a rare and special large Sebenza.

I've provided a lot of pics so you can satisfy yourself as to the condition, and see the custom work on it.

Price is Sold. $425 for this knife which includes USPS insured priority shipping with delivery confirmation in ConUS only. Paypal (+3.5%) or USPS money order is ok. Mutual satisfaction is a priority in all my transactions.

Please email or post here if you want it. First person expressing intent to purchase will get it.

Email is fewpop@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking.

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

Note the milling in the lockbar for left or right hand opening ease, and the custom thumbstuds.
IMG_1281.jpg

The lockup.
IMG_1282-1.jpg

The light scratches about an inch forward of the thumbstud on non-lock side of blade flat. Seen as light blue vertical lines just above and to the left of center in ultra close-up photo.
IMG_1278.jpg

Blade centering.
IMG_1283.jpg

In hand.
IMG_1279.jpg

If this one does not sell, I will not be too disappointed. :)

wow! these are really hard to find nowadays. Tom also normally hand satinizes the flat part of the blade....and really tweaks the sebbie's action to perfection. And a heckuva good price too!

wow! these are really hard to find nowadays. Tom also normally hand satinizes the flat part of the blade....and really tweaks the sebbie's action to perfection. And a heckuva good price too!

Yes, I forgot to mention the satinized blade flats. Thanks for pointing that out spyken. :)

Just to keep all informed:

I received an email kind of late last night from a fellow forum member here regarding this knife. I think he made an offer to purchase, but I was not sure due to the wording of the email. I have been trying to contact that person since last night to confirm the status, and at this time, I have not heard back yet. Could be an email filter problem, so I have sent a PM as well requesting a reply.

All this is to say that the Sebbie may be sold, but I can not confirm at this time. I would prefer to hear back from that person before I accept another offer.

Thanks to all here for your interest. I will update the thread as soon as I can.

-Ford

Great closeup pictures, what camera do you have? Oh ya, nice knife too!

Great closeup pictures, what camera do you have? Oh ya, nice knife too!

Thanks Tim.

I'm using an older Canon G2 with 4.1 mp. It is on a tri-pod shooting into a light cube (diffuser) I got off of fleabay. I keep the camera set on auto and turn off the flash, and it is really pretty easy. The light cube makes all the difference. I should also mention that I use a very user friendly photo editing program called Nero PhotoSnap. Imho, it's a nice and easy digital photo tweaker.

Here's a very informative thread that inspired me to set up a light box. Somewhere in there are pictures of my setup I think.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328550

Regards,
Ford

I'll take it if the other deal doesn't go through.

Drew

Noted. You will be 1st in line. I'm still waiting to see if the other party will get back to me. I'd like to give a little more time to that end, and will keep you posted. I appreciate your patience. :)

I'll hope in line next with a trade offer or cash just in case. Amazing pix BTW.

Thanks for the kind words Dave.

Well guys, I just got an email from the 1st contact indicating intent to purchase after all. So I am going to mark the Seb "sold pending funds" at this time.
Thanks to you all for your interest, patience, and communication.

And, of course, thanks to Bladeforums! :)

Ford...I must ask you more about the photo taking etc. I love those macros.

What a great mayonized sebbie. not sure if Tom carbidizes the tang / lockbar but the action of those mayonized ones are so so sweet! and BG42 as well!!!!

Ford...I must ask you more about the photo taking etc. I love those macros.

What a great mayonized sebbie. not sure if Tom carbidizes the tang / lockbar but the action of those mayonized ones are so so sweet! and BG42 as well!!!!

James, thanks for the props pal. I'll be glad to talk to you about the photo stuff anytime.
Best, :)
-Ford

You're killing me man. I saw this last night and let it get away....stupid, stupid, stupid :( Congrats to the new owner though, awesome knife!

Back