Larger folders:here we go again!

Sal:
If you CAN eventually get Chris Reeve to agree to a Spyderco/Reeve collaboration, I'm there! A Spydie with a frame lock...
biggrin.gif
!!!
Actually, I realize why Sal would prefer to collaborate with Reeve rather than just create his own frame lock as have other companies, as Spyderco always appreciates when other manufacturers acknowledge when they borrow or license ideas for their own knives. However, Spyderco can create a model around a frame lock without actually ripping off the Sebenza, why not? It would be a shame to miss out on what is one of, if not THE strongest lock on a folder out there. Benchmade and CRKT have taken the frame lock idea into their own lines.
How's about it, Sal?
Jim

Jim - Actually, it wasn't just the lock (Heck Chris' "Lock 45" is neater still). I have a great deal of respect for Chris as a designer as well and I think it should be Chris that designs the Spyderco/Sebenza.

YeK - I'll start doodling around a 6" blade. A portable folding kitchen knife for backwoods trekking (That could be used as a backup should your FB become unuseable). Nagging must be kept to a minimum, I still have to work for a living.
sal

hmmmmmmmm...a folding TTKK (Talmadge Tactical Kitchen Knife...TH Rinaldi makes them)...I like the sounds of it...We can call it "The Chef"....
smile.gif

YeK

Sal,
Do you think Chris Reeve might be more likely to agree to a Reeve/Spyderco collaboration if you asked him to design a frame-lock folder for Spydie that is NOT the Sebenza? I can see why reeve doesn't want a collaboration on the Sebenza (at least now) because that is the folder that he is known for...along with the Umfaan, which is really a smaller version of it.
Perhaps a folder with Spyderhole and slightly different (but not too different) blade design, yet retaining the simple elegance of Reeve's work.
Anyway, I'm sure he appreciates your willingness to approach him directly and wait if necessary.
Jim

Back