Photos Las Vegas Custom Knife Show / TKI 2019 - Hit me UP!

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
orig.jpg

The guys at FiftyFiftyProductions.net ALWAYS put on a great show. The Shows are renowned: ECCKS, NYCKS, TKI, and now the LVCKS (replacing the ECCKS). I am very fortunate to be a supporting part of their team.

The successful Tactical Knife Invitational has been held in Las Vegas for years. For 2019, they decided to merge a new show on the heels of the SHOT show (the prior week.) Steve D'Lack decided to create the LVCKS (replacing the March ECCKS). This move makes sense for a ton of reasons: He's already running an established show this weekend, the timing is right for makers who have not had a notable show since November, and Las Vegas is a go-to destination... win/Win/WIN!

Susan and I would join them for the initial weekend. I was apprehensive and did not have highest of expectations. BOY, were we surprised, impressed, and pleased after the event!

We flew in, and stayed at the show hotel: Ballys. Right in the heart of the 'strip', we walked to watch the water show nightly at the Bellagio and had gourmet meals every night. (Las Vegas is Times Square x 10. :eek::confused::D)

Forgetaboutthat. Let's get right into the knives...

Brian Tighe sent me these 'Tighe Downs' the week prior to the TKI and I shipped them straight to his hotel.
xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Every one sold on Friday. Who's surprised?!

More....

And then he brought me THIS favorite relic: How appropriate for the venue!

W.W. Cronk
xlarge.jpg

Other knives also came my way from others:

The incomparable Wolfgang Loerchner
xlarge.jpg

ABS President Harvey Dean, MS
xlarge.jpg

And then these calming Scandinavian knives from Pekka Tuominen with birch handles.
xlarge.jpg

I have more, but I need approvals from the makers before I post. This thread will grow slowly, yet it will be worth the slow unveiling. ;) Stay posted.

Coop, Thank You for showing me things I would never see otherwise.....Beautiful Photography... Beautiful Knives !

Exceptional as always my friend!!!!!

As an aside, how many times were you physically searched going back and forth?

Incredible photos (and knives).
I was about to say that I regret that your gallery of photos (sticky in this forum) hasn't been updated in a long time, when I just discovered that it has!
A while ago when starting to plan a new dagger build, I assembled 60+ of your dagger photos to see what design elements I like (took me 4-5 sessions to get through the 63 pages at the time).
Incredible resource.

Texas is a GREAT state! Certainly the makers represent.

Bubba (Tommy) Crouch / Alice Carter
xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Johnny Stout / Alice Carter / Julie Warenski
xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Bob Merz / Paul Markow / Raluca Markow
xlarge.jpg

Let's show MORE!

Eric Ochs from the TKI
xlarge.jpg

The veteran patriarch of traditionals: Bill Ruple
xlarge.jpg

Kevin Cross always has useful and simpler knives to USE.
xlarge.jpg

Wow! Mike Tyre (and Joe Mason) takes on the traditional Bowie and does so with authority.
xlarge.jpg

Mike is versatile as you can see!
xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
Andrew Blomfield from Australia takes on the difficult builds! (And succeeds!)
xlarge.jpg

These small scale release autos from Tuch Knives FLEW off their table. Why not!
xlarge.jpg

What an elegant traditional Scandinavian knife from Klaes Lofgren. WOW!
xlarge.jpg

The Nylund brothers from Finland simply make us all smile in admiration. (I decided to think 'out of the box' this shot.)
xlarge.jpg

How appropriate this gent's folder is from Mastersmith Rick Dunkerley.
xlarge.jpg

Tyler Turner is one to watch.
xlarge.jpg

Here he collaborated with Jody Muller
xlarge.jpg

Luke Swenson FTW! The TOP TIER of traditionals is a 5-blade stockman. Probably one of the hardest knives to build and get right.
xlarge.jpg

Her knives are as charismatic as her. Elizabeth Loerchner is a standout!
xlarge.jpg

The youngest Mastersmith (at the time) was awarded to Josh Smith. Now a seasoned vet, He continues to build on his accolades.
xlarge.jpg

Tom Buckner builds a great knife and protective scabbard. Now the pin holder stays in the sleeve. Something new!
xlarge.jpg

You won't find a more precise folder than from Larry Newton. I am always impressed!
xlarge.jpg

How about that John Young! Now he's created a takedown fighter with a tool of his design.
xlarge.jpg

This pattern is still exciting and SO well built. It's a classic from Kirby Lambert.
xlarge.jpg

Michael Zieba NEVER stops creating! This is a variant of his S7 and includes his little skulls.
xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

..and now he's challenged himself to make some balisongs.
xlarge.jpg

The late Warern Osborne's folder with current artist C.J. Cai with this thematic auto.
xlarge.jpg

Bob Ohlemann is SO versatile with his folders. Look at this one.....
xlarge.jpg

...and then this one in pique and bluing. Talent.
xlarge.jpg

Dave Armour: This set was forged from the shoes of one of the Clydesdale horses. Look at the thickness of that blade. It sold quickly!
xlarge.jpg

Tom Ploppert reaches for the stars with his 5-blade stockman in stag. SO cool! (SO dangerous to open! Believe me.)
xlarge.jpg

This one has integral frame and bolsters and he calls this a 'KaBar flush joint'
xlarge.jpg

In closing....

Andre Devilliers worked with Richard Wu (of Rike Knives) for the CNC work on this pattern.
xlarge.jpg

Andre Devilliers has a lot of design ideas. Here's a sturdy folder of note:
xlarge.jpg

A final top-tier maker to close us out: The venerable Ron Lake with a drop-dead gorgeous tab-lock with inserts.
xlarge.jpg

Back