1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Photos Las Vegas Custom Knife Show / TKI 2019 - Hit me UP!

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by SharpByCoop, Jan 30, 2019.

1. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

The guys at FiftyFiftyProductions.net ALWAYS put on a great show. The Shows are renowned: ECCKS, NYCKS, TKI, and now the LVCKS (replacing the ECCKS). I am very fortunate to be a supporting part of their team.

The successful Tactical Knife Invitational has been held in Las Vegas for years. For 2019, they decided to merge a new show on the heels of the SHOT show (the prior week.) Steve D'Lack decided to create the LVCKS (replacing the March ECCKS). This move makes sense for a ton of reasons: He's already running an established show this weekend, the timing is right for makers who have not had a notable show since November, and Las Vegas is a go-to destination... win/Win/WIN!

Susan and I would join them for the initial weekend. I was apprehensive and did not have highest of expectations. BOY, were we surprised, impressed, and pleased after the event!

We flew in, and stayed at the show hotel: Ballys. Right in the heart of the 'strip', we walked to watch the water show nightly at the Bellagio and had gourmet meals every night. (Las Vegas is Times Square x 10. :eek::confused::D)

Forgetaboutthat. Let's get right into the knives...

Brian Tighe sent me these 'Tighe Downs' the week prior to the TKI and I shipped them straight to his hotel.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every one sold on Friday. Who's surprised?!

More....

2. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    A savvy collector brought me a bagful of some of the FINEST knives from attendees and beyond. (Not all were purchased here, but they came to ME!)

Michael Burch
    [​IMG]

Michael Walker
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rod Olson
    [​IMG]

Glen Are Hovin
    [​IMG]

3. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    More of his goodness I got the opportunity to display.

Samuel Lurquin, MS
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

David Lisch, MS
    [​IMG]

Julian Antunes
    [​IMG]

Alexis Lecocq
    [​IMG]

Jean-Pierre Sucheras

[​IMG]

4. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    And then he brought me THIS favorite relic: How appropriate for the venue!

W.W. Cronk
    [​IMG]

Other knives also came my way from others:

The incomparable Wolfgang Loerchner
    [​IMG]

ABS President Harvey Dean, MS
    [​IMG]

And then these calming Scandinavian knives from Pekka Tuominen with birch handles.
    [​IMG]

I have more, but I need approvals from the makers before I post. This thread will grow slowly, yet it will be worth the slow unveiling. ;) Stay posted.

5. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Coop, Thank You for showing me things I would never see otherwise.....Beautiful Photography... Beautiful Knives !

6. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    wow !

Dawkind likes this.
  7. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    that is some next level shit.

MaxRichards, Mike Pierson and Dawkind like this.
  8. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Exceptional as always my friend!!!!!

As an aside, how many times were you physically searched going back and forth?

9. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Incredible photos (and knives).
    I was about to say that I regret that your gallery of photos (sticky in this forum) hasn't been updated in a long time, when I just discovered that it has!
    A while ago when starting to plan a new dagger build, I assembled 60+ of your dagger photos to see what design elements I like (took me 4-5 sessions to get through the 63 pages at the time).
    Incredible resource.

10. Julian Antunes

Julian Antunes

Dec 20, 2014
    Awesome photos!

11. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    Texas is a GREAT state! Certainly the makers represent.

Bubba (Tommy) Crouch / Alice Carter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Johnny Stout / Alice Carter / Julie Warenski
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bob Merz / Paul Markow / Raluca Markow
    [​IMG]

12. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    Robert Williams is also from Texas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Sweden is renowned maker Anders Hedlund
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And from Canada is a BF (and World!) favorite: Wolfgang Loerchner
    [​IMG]

13. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    Let's show MORE!

Eric Ochs from the TKI
    [​IMG]

The veteran patriarch of traditionals: Bill Ruple
    [​IMG]

Kevin Cross always has useful and simpler knives to USE.
    [​IMG]

Wow! Mike Tyre (and Joe Mason) takes on the traditional Bowie and does so with authority.
    [​IMG]

Mike is versatile as you can see!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    coldsteelburns and Dawkind like this.
  14. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    Andrew Blomfield from Australia takes on the difficult builds! (And succeeds!)
    [​IMG]

These small scale release autos from Tuch Knives FLEW off their table. Why not!
    [​IMG]

What an elegant traditional Scandinavian knife from Klaes Lofgren. WOW!
    [​IMG]

The Nylund brothers from Finland simply make us all smile in admiration. (I decided to think 'out of the box' this shot.)
    [​IMG]

How appropriate this gent's folder is from Mastersmith Rick Dunkerley.
    [​IMG]

coldsteelburns, Dawkind and FOG2 like this.
  15. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    Tyler Turner is one to watch.
    [​IMG]

Here he collaborated with Jody Muller
    [​IMG]

Luke Swenson FTW! The TOP TIER of traditionals is a 5-blade stockman. Probably one of the hardest knives to build and get right.
    [​IMG]

Her knives are as charismatic as her. Elizabeth Loerchner is a standout!
    [​IMG]

The youngest Mastersmith (at the time) was awarded to Josh Smith. Now a seasoned vet, He continues to build on his accolades.
    [​IMG]

16. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    Tom Buckner builds a great knife and protective scabbard. Now the pin holder stays in the sleeve. Something new!
    [​IMG]

You won't find a more precise folder than from Larry Newton. I am always impressed!
    [​IMG]

How about that John Young! Now he's created a takedown fighter with a tool of his design.
    [​IMG]

This pattern is still exciting and SO well built. It's a classic from Kirby Lambert.
    [​IMG]

Michael Zieba NEVER stops creating! This is a variant of his S7 and includes his little skulls.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

..and now he's challenged himself to make some balisongs.
    [​IMG]

17. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    The late Warern Osborne's folder with current artist C.J. Cai with this thematic auto.
    [​IMG]

Bob Ohlemann is SO versatile with his folders. Look at this one.....
    [​IMG]

...and then this one in pique and bluing. Talent.
    [​IMG]

Dave Armour: This set was forged from the shoes of one of the Clydesdale horses. Look at the thickness of that blade. It sold quickly!
    [​IMG]

Tom Ploppert reaches for the stars with his 5-blade stockman in stag. SO cool! (SO dangerous to open! Believe me.)
    [​IMG]

This one has integral frame and bolsters and he calls this a 'KaBar flush joint'
    [​IMG]

18. SharpByCoop

Oct 8, 2001
    In closing....

Andre Devilliers worked with Richard Wu (of Rike Knives) for the CNC work on this pattern.
    [​IMG]

Andre Devilliers has a lot of design ideas. Here's a sturdy folder of note:
    [​IMG]

A final top-tier maker to close us out: The venerable Ron Lake with a drop-dead gorgeous tab-lock with inserts.
    [​IMG]

19. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Amazing stuff as usual Coop.......just beautiful!:)

Dawkind likes this.
  20. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    Dawkind likes this.