Last two sheaths

bike4fun919

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Still getting use to the new machine. Once you press the pedal and the needle comes down, well it's down! :)
The large sheath is all machine sewn. The smaller sheaths top half is hand stitched and the bottom machine stitched.

Nice.

I need to crank out about 5 sheaths for various knives that need pants. So much work, bu hand, I am always putting it off!!

They look good, how are the backs?

I never made a sheath on a machine but worked enough with them. Turn the wheel by hand first to position the needle for the first stitch to line it out. Makes a difference

Good looking! The machine is a dream, eh? Why did you hand stitch the top portion of the one, and machine stitch the bottom?

Good looking! The machine is a dream, eh? Why did you hand stitch the top portion of the one, and machine stitch the bottom?
Thanks! It’s hard to see in the picture but I used step down welts for the handle area and the thickness is about 7/8” thick. I think my machine would handle that thickness but i don’t feel that comfortable for now and it seemed to be really tight under the presser foot. I think that’s what you call it.

They look good, how are the backs?

I never made a sheath on a machine but worked enough with them. Turn the wheel by hand first to position the needle for the first stitch to line it out. Makes a difference
Thank you. They are pretty plain Jane but I’ll try to get some pics up soon.

Looking good indeed. I was wondering why the handstitching too. Yeah thats the presser foot.

Back