Last week for free CUDA contest entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Gibbs

Cutlery Student
Platinum Member
It's contest time!
Post the reason why you think you deserve a free CUDA, & which model you
would choose should you win.
Contest runs until July 31st.
Free Camillus T-shirts for some of the more memorable / bizarre /
politically incorrect / comical / & just plain hopeless runners up!
My decision is final (it's good to be the moderator!)
smile.gif

Good luck to all. Let's have some fun with this.

Based on the entries so far I am going to have to give away more than one knife!!
Gonna need alot of T-shirts too!

I can think of a lot of reasons why I deserve the brand new CUDA CLAW. One is because I am not all that rich, and I'll probably never get a chance to buy one. Two, I haven't seen it in any catalogs, and I don't have a credit card to order thru online. Three, I have been hoping for a CUDA CLAW version to come out ever since I saw the Seahawk. Plus I convinced a friend to buy a Cuda and gave my uncle a Camillus catalog, and he noted something in there he really liked. And I always say good things bout Cuda's up here on the forums, it's one of the folders I recommend to people up here, and on newsgroups. Plus if I get a free CUDA CLAW, I can save some money and put it toward books when I go to college this fall. Ugh....college. Hey, be nice if I had a nice CUDA CLAW to go with my CUDA TANTO so I could show people on campus and watch then drool all over the place in envy.
But the biggest reason why I deserve a CUDA CLAW is so I can stop depriving my left hand, and have a CUDA for each hand.

OK, here goes -- I would like to get my dad a really cool birthday present. I know that inside, he likes knives, because he used to give us some neat pocket knives when we were kids -- but I had not yet seen the light at that time, and did not understand. But now, I have been touched by the spirit, and can appreciate a wonderful edged tool on all levels -- practical, technical, aesthetic, and spiritual. The CUDA is, after all, a beautiful knife, designed to be a piece of art whether opened or closed (can one be said to be making art simply by opening a knife? I don't see why not...if ballet is an art, or aikido or swing dancing, I see no reason why the simple, elegant act of gliding a blade into place, just the right way, should not also be an artistic act...)
The CUDA is also an eminently practical knife, and truly meets Plato's standard of being both beautiful and useful together -- more useful, because it is beautiful, and more beautiful for being useful. It would be useful for my dad in particular because he sometimes has to go to out-of-the-way places to provide medical assistance, and needs to have a reliable, instantly ready tool for whatever arises. Furthermore, he is left-handed, and I am glad to see that Camillus has been thoughtful enough to make their top-level knife equally accessible for this underserved knife-using community.
On a technical level, I especially appreciate knives that add a clever mechanical feature to make their use more effective and convenient. That is one reason why I have liked the multi-tool developments over the last few years--yet they are often too complicated to just whip out and use right away. The CUDA, on the other hand, enhances the usefulness of a great linerlock knife by adding a simple mechanical feature for superior opening, eliminating all kinds of awkward twisting around, chafing thumbs on thumb studs, "axis burn", etc. We knifenuts like to brag about the knife as the tool that separates us from apes -- but doesn't that give short shrift to the lever?
After thousands of years, Camillus has finally brought the two together, where they have always belonged.
Lastly, on a spiritual level, I think we deserve the CUDA because it will be used for good works and because it is a wonderful common interest between generations in our family. So I humbly request a left-handed mini-CUDA in combo-edge with titanium nitride coating.

I should win a new CUDA, cause it would be the perfect knife to match the '71 Hemi 'Cuda Convertible I drive! Actually, I don't drive a '71 Hemi 'Cuda Convertible, but if I won a Camillus CUDA (Full Size, Black blade, Tanto, Plain), that would be a good excuse to buy the car to match it. But then again, if I could afford the car, I could easily just buy the knife. O.K turns out the only reason I can honestly think of is that I really want one. What if I took the knife diving and used it to catch the fish that shares the same name. Your right, now I'm just being silly.
Troy

------------------
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it
holds the universe together." - Carl Zwanzig

I deserve one because I'm Housebroken

also I'm a poor college student with not enough money for another good knife.

I also think that the cuda could replace my Spyderco

Dear Mr. Gibbs,
I feel I have asked you as kindly and respectfully(PLEADED)as a man in my position,possibly can.You have forced me to take measures I would much rather not.So,here's what I'm going to do.I'MA GONNA MAKEA YOU AN OFFA YOU CAN'T REFUSE.EITHER YOU SEND ME ONE OF DEM NICE,PERTY DAMASCUS TANTO CUDA'S,or I'MA GONNA STICK YOU WIT DA BA FAGU WIFE AND ALL DEM OUTFITS.I assure you signore,YOU won't even have a place to SIT,and WILL be BROKE within a few days.Please carefully consider my offer here and REMEMBER,LUCA BRASI SLEEPS WITH DA CUDA's,I mean fishes.
Much prosperity and respect,from My "organization" to yours.
"DON" OWL

smile.gif
wink.gif
(Please have a sense of humor,or else)

------------------
You can get more with a kind word and a gun,than you can with a kind word alone.-AL CAPONE

Na na, papa's over here!
smile.gif

Come to PAPA!!!

------------------
"All of our knives open with one hand, in case you're busy with the other"
<OVAL OFFICE JOKE>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back