Latest addition...20cv 110 with Polka Dot Agate

This 110 arrived today (from Lapidoc on Etsy) so I thought I'd share some pics and initial impressions...

The Polka Dot Agate pairs nicely with the nickel silver bolsters, the pattern and colors are very interesting, and it's a strong/durable stone. The stone fit is perfect and finish/polish is outstanding.

The profile fits my hand well and I really like the tapered bolsters.

I've also heard great things about 20cv and with the bos heat treat, I'm sure that it'll hold a great edge.

Overall, I'm very happy with it and look forward to carrying it this weekend! Btw, it came with Buck's brown "distressed"/soft leather sheaths, which is very nice.

Last edited:
sure like 20cv steel. interesting. it appears the handle is shaped, a bit like a perfecto cigar. am I seeing that right?

Wow that’s purty! That polka dot agate looks good enough to eat! Someone did an outstanding job on it! All around with the 20cv blade NS bolsters to top it off makes for a knife to be proud of. Thanks for the pics !

Thanks Lesknife, the Polka Dot Agate looks even better in person. Lee (Lapidoc) takes a lot of pride in his work and only uses the best samples.

is it really heavy?...I know nothing about agate other than its like a quartz.
Sorta wondering that myself.

I was looking at others on website where the knife came from.
There's some interesting stuff.

Thanks for sharing that AJR'..
I've never seen anything like that.:thumbsup:

In my hand, this 110 felt similar in weight to my (personally customized) brass/wood 110 but to be sure, I got my wife's digital food scale out...

The Polka Dot Agate 110 weighs 7.4oz and the brass/wood 110 is 7.2oz.

The Polka Dot Agate 110 has a "canoe" profile that feels great in hand but I believe that it also offsets the heavier stone scales since the bolsters are nicely tapered.

With regards to Polka Dot Agate, it's a very hard and durable stone that's mined in Oregon. Native Americans used it for making blades, arrow tips, scrapers, etc... and it looks great as well.

I sent Lapidoc a link to this thread and he mentioned that he's in the process of making several new knives that should be ready/listed in the next few weeks. I can tell you that the fit and finish/polish is amazing...I can't feel any seam when I run my finger across the scale and bolster and the profile/tapered bolsters are nicely done.

Last edited:
In my hand, this 110 felt similar in weight to my (personally customized) brass/wood 110 but to be sure, I got my wife's digital food scale out...

The Polka Dot Agate 110 weighs 7.4oz and the brass/wood 110 is 7.2oz.

The Polka Dot Agate 110 has a "canoe" profile that feels great in hand but I believe that it also offsets the heavier stone scales since the bolsters are nicely tapered.

Here's a few side by side pics...

l4D696i.jpg

GhTGy0D.jpg

1MoTCMo.jpg

With regards to Polka Dot Agate, it's a very hard and durable stone that's mined in Oregon. Native Americans used it for making blades, arrow tips, scrapers, etc... and it looks great as well.

I sent Lapidoc a link to this thread and he mentioned that he's in the process of making several new knives that should be ready/listed in the next few weeks. I can tell you that the fit and finish/polish is amazing...I can't feel any seam when I run my finger across the scale and bolster and the profile/tapered bolsters are nicely done.
great info and pics. thank you Sir.

Very nice knife; never seen a taper like that, but it makes perfect sense with the weight of the handles. OH

Many expressed an interest when I originally posted this so I'm following up since Lapidoc just posted a new batch of 110s for sale in his Etsy store. Not a shill, just a big fan of his work...:)

Back