1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest drop point hunter and sheath

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by Brock Cutlery, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Brock Cutlery

Brock Cutlery KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 10, 2015
    Recently finished this one up and am pretty happy with the sheath. I guess I should be, it's the third one I made for this knife. Oh well.. :)
    This one I dyed as flat leather and once dry I formed it all up. Maybe you'all remember my dye experimentation a while back. This is the method I am most pleased with.
    Comments welcome!

DropHunter1.jpg
    DropHunter2.jpg
    DropHunter3.jpg
    DropHunter4.jpg

GempferA, WEB2, Hengelo_77 and 2 others like this.
  2. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Looks very nice indeed Mark. Nice edges, stitching, finish all looks good. How is the retention? Like the knife too.

Brock Cutlery likes this.
  3. Brock Cutlery

Brock Cutlery KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 10, 2015
    Hey thanks Dave. Appreciate your scrutiny. Retention is very good.
    I know I owe you that wood. It's been buried under my desk. I will dig it out and send it.
    I don't think I need the leather knives though. Credit maybe?

Horsewright likes this.
  4. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Can do buddy. You build some?

5. Brock Cutlery

Jan 10, 2015
    I found an old osborn round knife I found at an estate sale. But I also figured out a way to taper my leather on my grinder as needed. Worked very well and beveled evenly. :)

6. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Yep I do that often on the grinder. Certain things work good that way. Use that Osborne as a template and make your own. You will rapidly tire of resharpening that Osborne. I've had about ten of em.

7. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Very Nice !

Brock Cutlery likes this.
  8. GempferA

GempferA

Nov 21, 2018
    Awesome blade profile. As a user I appreciate the work it can do. As a maker ...what steel is it made of?

9. Brock Cutlery

Jan 10, 2015
    Thanks! This one is AEBL. I plan to make some in 52100 carbon steel as well.

Horsewright likes this.
  10. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Yay for the AEB-L.