Leaf Springer

This one is along the lines of my scalpers. The blade was forged from an old leaf spring, infact I think it may have been one of the first leaf springs I collected back when I first started making. The blade is 6 3/4" with an overall measurment of 12". The handle was made from a piece of Stellar seacow rib bone and the fittings are wrought iron.
PDRM1515.JPG

Great lookin knife Ray. Your knives look like they were made 150 years ago and I mean that in a good way :D

Don, I'll take that in a goodway! Actually I'm trying for about 200 years ago. Funny in away I guess you'd call these fantasy knives since they aren't copies of anything as far as I know. Just something that starts out in the forge and I just go with the flow.

I very much feel like this particular blade has it's own spirit. Not to get too artsy fartsy but,This is the sort of blade that makes you stop and think about the life it has lived.I for one am speechless. Good Work.

fitzo

Gold Member
Makes me think of what Scagel would do if he was Raymond Richard.

That's a nice knife, Ray.

sunfishman said:
Great lookin knife Ray. Your knives look like they were made 150 years ago and I mean that in a good way :D
Hell should look that old because that's when he first learned how to make knives.
Nice job Ray.:D

a lot of the knives and hawks i've seen you show off have a "new england" kind of look. not really sure how, but that's what i think of when i see em. they always remind me of reading The Last of the Mohicans. very nice....
Alex

Niceun Ray...I really like the old look on your stuff. Hope to be able to make similar pieces here one day...MIKE