Learn to spot em! - Post 2004 Schrade Replica Knives

....although it does stand out like dogs dates...

To those of us who know what the real knives look like from years of examining, study and comparison. Not so for many new enthusiastic collectors who don't know dog dates from their own raisins, or care. Some gullible soul will buy this and pay more than the $9.99 with free shipping that it is worth. He will likely already own one or more of the "new in the box" Taylor Schrades and perhaps a couple of those Asia finished wood handled knives. A step up from the Rough Riders he might imagine. Doncha love the quality of that sawcut bone and the expert inletting of the shield? I have seen better Rough Riders.

I wasn't commenting on the seller not being legit. I was just curious if that Sharp Finger was assembled after 2004.

I wasn't commenting on the seller not being legit. I was just curious if that Sharp Finger was assembled after 2004.
I didn't think you were. On all his auctions he assures that his Schrades are "all" U.S.A. made in the Ellenville factory before it closed. I think the Sharp Finger you posted is legit. It looks good to me, and seems to have the correct box and papers. I'm hoping one of our real experts will comment on this. ;)

I didn't do it man! Nobody saw me and besides... you can't prove it! :D

I do like that DS-15 2001-2002 Duck Stamp commem, don't you? And the NYKC commem they did for Smokey? Some really gnarly stag on some of those.
23r0pj6.png

2hdp16h.jpg

In fact, if a man had access to blades and scales, rivets and boxes and papers...

2d9pv5z.png

5ff7gi.png

Nah. No one would do that.:)

2ecp3r6.png

I like those old Ducks Unlimited sets though.

2ldj1v6.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see much action around here. Did they quit making fake Schrade U.S.A. knives? ;)

oh no saw on on the bay just the other day. also saw one guy selling a knife with box and sheath. the sheath did not match the knife and the box did not match either.

oh no saw on on the bay just the other day. also saw one guy selling a knife with box and sheath. the sheath did not match the knife and the box did not match either.
That's Bad, but good too. Shows there is still a demand for the good ole real Schrades. ;)

Meh, was a little bored and saw this:

Not a Schrade Deer Slayer but a Japanese made Precise brand Deer Slayer knife and sheath. I believe late 1980s or early 1990's as I remember a buddy of mine owning one back then.

Seller is either mistaken or can't read the imprint on the sheath and etching on the knife blade that I could make out after enlarging the pics.:rolleyes:

I have to say though that the sheath is nice and reminds me of the Schrade Gaucho series sheaths.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHRADE-DEE...308240?hash=item464588dd90:g:8lcAAOSwofxUfHg7

This is not designed to promulgate a sale on an auction site; it is an educational post. Here is a "nostalgia" (that is a polite term) for a fake knife being sold as an original pre-1973 Schrade Walden, with an authentic Schrade Walden plastic tube. It is a post-2004 knife made by Bear and Son. I would not post it, but the seller refused to change the listing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/16206426189...87a4100c450&bu=43100836298&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

Wow! Clear evidence that if it doesn't look right (which this knife doesn't) then it probably isn't. At least as of now there are no bids but I'm sure that that'll change. I hate "repros".

This is not designed to promulgate a sale on an auction site; it is an educational post. Here is a "nostalgia" (that is a polite term) for a fake knife being sold as an original pre-1973 Schrade Walden, with an authentic Schrade Walden plastic tube. It is a post-2004 knife made by Bear and Son. I would not post it, but the seller refused to change the listing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/16206426189...87a4100c450&bu=43100836298&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu
What an odd looking tang stamp.

Seller did add a note at the bottom:
Attention: I have been told in an EMail that this knife is made by Bear Cutlery but I don't actually know. You are buying what you see. If it does not sell this week I will not list it again. I am not a knife expert. I have been selling collections that my Dad and Son owned and they have both passed. Sorry about anything that is not clear in the listing.

Back