Leather BK4 sheath

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Makael, May 20, 2018.

1. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Not perfect but here is a sheath for the BK4 in Leather with a top down insert.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    That's a beautiful thing. Great job man.

3. GeofS

GeofS “Nostra-bladus” Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Looks perfect to me. Damn fine job!:thumbsup:

4. tman038

tman038

Dec 21, 2011
    Very nice

5. 19-3ben

19-3ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2015
    It’s mine so all ya Frikkin vultures back off!!!

I’ll post pics when it arrives. I’m really excited for it.

Tanker 1/66 and nannybear like this.
  6. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Oct 17, 2015
    I'm glad you like it. The 4 isnt the easiest blade shape. Drop in from the front works the best.

7. nannybear

nannybear Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2016
    wow...noice. the sheath is one of the reasons I haven't pulled the trigger on one. do you have the particulars on what the price was? maybe, I should wait till you give us a review....

8. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    I'm hitting the drawing board tomorrow night and correct a couple of things. The 4 is a blast to use and admire. I want to do it justice. I hope this blade comes around again.

9. 19-3ben

Jul 27, 2015
    Ya know, guys. I don’t have the sheath yet, in fact the sheath that he’s going to send me hasn’t even been made since mike decided to “hit the drawing board” again.

That said, by way of review, working with him is incredible. What a process and what an experience!

Xr6x and Tanker 1/66 like this.
  10. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Hmmmm my other 4s need new chaps. That looks Great @Makael

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  11. 19-3ben

Jul 27, 2015
    When @Makael finishes BK4 sheath v2.0 and sends it to me, I'll post pics. If the one he posted in this thread has imperfections, I certainly can't see them!

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Tanker 1/66 likes this.
  12. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Great work there @Makael! I'd like some pants for a bk21 if you got one of those!

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  13. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    I need to shorten the distance between the spine and the top of the sheath. There is movement now. This should secure the knife in the sheath with no movement whatsoever.

14. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    I wish I still had my 21. dangit.

15. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    I'll send you mine if you can make me a sheath for it! The factory sheath for the 21 is great for what it is, but I want something custom! Let me know, and I'll get it out to you!

MarriedTheMedic and 19-3ben like this.
  16. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    Sure. I'm headed camping wed thru sunday.
    I'll message you. I don't want anything sitting here.

19-3ben likes this.
  17. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Good deal!

MarriedTheMedic likes this.
  18. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Hey Makael That looseness might not be such a bad thing. Mine was tight when I got It. But I found after chopping things that the sap and residue left on the blade would cause it to stick. When I would try to unsheath the 4 the whole sheath would come up on the dangler. I remedied it by putting a good coat of mink oil on it and shoving in a .250 Cam Machax for a few days. Wee bit loose now but draws like a dream.

19. milkyeye

milkyeye

Apr 14, 2010
    Very nice, truly a work of art. I would like to see the end result of both the 4 and the 21.

20. 19-3ben

Jul 27, 2015
    When it arrives, pics shall happen. I promise.

Tanker 1/66 and 91bravo like this.