• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

leather material for sheaths

hey, need some ideas on where to purchase leather for sheath making.
thanks in advance!!!!!

I buy my leather from Siegel too. Just ordered a couple of veg tanned double shoulders which should last me a good year or so! :D They have great prices and free shipping on orders over $75. The leather I just got was, I think, about $4.20 per foot, 7-8 oz. It's the same stuff I got last time and has a beautiful finish; I almost didn't want to cut it. :)

For a price comparison, the local Leather Factory has similar sides at $8.00 per foot! About all I buy there is tools and dye.

ddavelarsen said:
I buy my leather from Siegel too. Just ordered a couple of veg tanned double shoulders which should last me a good year or so! :D They have great prices and free shipping on orders over $75. The leather I just got was, I think, about $4.20 per foot, 7-8 oz. It's the same stuff I got last time and has a beautiful finish; I almost didn't want to cut it. :)

For a price comparison, the local Leather Factory has similar sides at $8.00 per foot! About all I buy there is tools and dye.

$8.00 per foot, 7-8 oz. :eek: :eek: ;)
I use
WICKETT & CRAIG OF AMERICA Leather 1-800-826-6379
I just got two more double sides 1 black and 1 tan in veggie taned bridal leather.
$5.65 SF 10-12 OZ opx 24 sf in each :)

siegal of california has a leather called horse butts that my freinds and I have used it and it is very good and tuff also cheap in price get the stiffer one though it works better

Tandy Leather or The Leather Factory (same company) has imported veg. tanned on sale right now. I have used these before and most of it is good. There may be some flaws but with something as small as a sheath you can work around them.

Joe Foster

if you want some really good prices on leather and free shipping in the continental us brettuns village. i buy all the leather for my quivers and handle wrapping on the bows i make great prices and they have it all.

Back