Leatherman Charge blade steel

Does anyone know what steel they use in the serrated blade? It's not 154CM like the main blade is it?

trout #2 said:
Does anyone know what steel they use in the serrated blade? It's not 154CM like the main blade is it?

Nope, same as the other implements... Probably a version of 420?

Only the main blade is 154CM

I think it would be really awesome if they would put the 154CM on the serrated blade.

I e-mailed Letherman recently because I was interested if the file was carbon or stainless. The file is stainless. That suprised me.

Derf said:
I e-mailed Letherman recently because I was interested if the file was carbon or stainless. The file is stainless. That suprised me.

Afaik, the file in swisstool is not stainless... I have read someone say it is chrome-plated. :thumbdn:

Hi CKL,

Where did you find information that the Swisstool file is not stainless? If it is not stainless, can you please share what alloy is being used? By the way, hard chrome plating is often used to make file surfaces harder and therefore, longer lasting.

Looking forward to learning what these files are made from.

Best - Joe :)

JoeBW said:
Hi CKL,

Where did you find information that the Swisstool file is not stainless? If it is not stainless, can you please share what alloy is being used? By the way, hard chrome plating is often used to make file surfaces harder and therefore, longer lasting.

Looking forward to learning what these files are made from.

Best - Joe :)

Hi, i have seen one of the review in amazon.com about swisstool... It says after some use, the plating chipped off!

I have also read the victorinox file is case-hardened steel with a hard chrome-plated.

Back