Leatherman Juice S2..

jmh33

Gold Member
.. Good-Bad.. Looking at them.. Any thoughts?? THANK YOU in advance... John :thumbup:

.. Good-Bad.. Looking at them.. Any thoughts?? THANK YOU in advance... John :thumbup:

Excellent screwdrivers, although the slotted ones can be a bit bitey, and actually useable pliers. If those appeal to you, go for it. There are no real competitors in that size.

I think they're a good mix of tools for the size, and for me there are no tools I don't need (like a corkscrew). At the same time, you can get a similar set of tools in a good SAK (minus real pliers of course).

I think they're a good mix of tools for the size, and for me there are no tools I don't need (like a corkscrew). At the same time, you can get a similar set of tools in a good SAK (minus real pliers of course).

Good summary
Light enough for the pocket or use the sheath
Get the 2014 version, your fingers will thank you

Or you could go with a Micra instead and trade a pair of small pliers for a pair of large scissors. If you work in an office as I do, I suspect you'd find the scissors a lot more useful than the pliers. I know I do.

I would personally go with the older version of the Juice line. I did not find the updated flat drivers nail nick to be any better and actually found it to be worse when it comes to stabbing your thumb. I also do not like the shorter blade on the new juice. The scales on the new ones look like crap as well. These are just my opinions though. You will probably be happy with either.

But but if pliers are important to you, the Leatherman S2 is alone in that size. None of the 91 mm Vics have pliers that strong, although good for what they are. Also, the S2 screwdrivers are better (if stubby,) and the Ph driver accepts an accessory bit holder that takes all Leatherman and standard 1/4" bits.

I carry a Juice S2 just about everywhere I go, because it will slip in a coat pocket or even that little pocket on your jeans. Very useful, and it's light so I usually have it with me. I prefer the older S2 just because I don't like the different handles on the newer S2. As others have said, watch opening the straight blade screwdrivers because they can and will bite you. The S2 is one of my favorites, unless you need a heavier duty multitool. At first I didn't like the sheath because it slipped off my belt too easy, but I put a rivet through the bottom of the clip and made a belt loop out of it. I rarely carry it in the sheath though.

Since my Juice has landed, it has a place in the lfp.. I am finding the tools quite handy.. All in all it is super!! John :thumbup:

I owned a Juice S2 about 9 years ago. It was... ok. I will admit that its pliers were actually better than the pliers on any 91mm Victorinox pocket knife.

Back