Leatherman Large Molle Sheath question

stjames

Sebenzanista
I was wondering if anyone uses the Leatherman Large Molle sheath? If so, how wide a belt will the Molle fit when threaded horizontally?

I received a Charge ALX as a birthday gift and love the tool, I especially like that it has two large size bit sockets. This leads me to want the bit kit by my side when working, but I have run into a problem, the leather sheath that came with the charge will not fit horizontally on such a wide belt. I purchased the nylon version with the same results.

I have been carrying my multi tool on my left side horizontally above the front pocket on a 1.75” duty belt for years, I carry my work knife on the right the same way. I have used a (now discontinued) TAD S1 pouch for both items. Unfortunately, the pouch has no place for the bit kit.

I also have a Spec Ops and Maxpedition single sheathes that are a little bulkier but do the job, but again no room for the kit. I bought and returned a Nite-Ize sheath that is just incredibly bulky and awkward. I took a look at the Skinth OG but it is expensive and the horizontal straps are an additional option, plus I do not need the side pockets.

I am open to other suggestions as well, my google-fu has failed me. Thanks for looking!

I was wondering if anyone uses the Leatherman Large Molle sheath? If so, how wide a belt will the Molle fit when threaded horizontally?

I received a Charge ALX as a birthday gift and love the tool, I especially like that it has two large size bit sockets. This leads me to want the bit kit by my side when working, but I have run into a problem, the leather sheath that came with the charge will not fit horizontally on such a wide belt. I purchased the nylon version with the same results.

I have been carrying my multi tool on my left side horizontally above the front pocket on a 1.75” duty belt for years, I carry my work knife on the right the same way. I have used a (now discontinued) TAD S1 pouch for both items. Unfortunately, the pouch has no place for the bit kit.

I also have a Spec Ops and Maxpedition single sheathes that are a little bulkier but do the job, but again no room for the kit. I bought and returned a Nite-Ize sheath that is just incredibly bulky and awkward. I took a look at the Skinth OG but it is expensive and the horizontal straps are an additional option, plus I do not need the side pockets.

I am open to other suggestions as well, my google-fu has failed me. Thanks for looking!
Definitely go for the large. It has to side loops to put a bit driver extension on one side and something else on the other. I have a Leatherman Style CS for scissors riding side saddle, and the bit extension on the other side. I have a Charge TTi in the main compartment, the bits in the inside pocket, a Burktek Pocketwrench II in the front pocket. On the molle strap, there is a long, narrow pocket for the wrench that comes with the Leatherman MUT. I put an Exotac firesteel in there, with a small lanyard attached so I could actually get the thing out.

I wouldn't trust the side loops to hold anything you want to keep. It's too easy for something to get pushed up and out of something like the side loops. I have a firesteel tied in to one of the side loops and I have to put it back in all of the time. The horizontal belt loop are about 1 1/4" wide. I'm going to carry the extension bar and both tool kit holder's in a seperate Leatherman nylon sheath, it's the 4 inch. I haven't got it yet but it's on its way, along with a Leatherman T-shirt.

There is also another option, albeit a more expensive one, not to mention it involves a wait. You could order a Skinth pouch from Skinth Solutions. Lots of models/styles with different options, strong materials...I'm waiting for an XL. Flaps over every opening, if you so choose. Prices range into the mid-$60s.

SS'78, I did look at the Skinth OG, it would cost about $50 to get what I want from them.

Could you tell me how wide a belt would fit through the molle on the sheath you have if I wanted to go horizontal? and how wide the molle webbing is if I wanted to try and add velcro straps to the back? Thanks.

Here's a look at the molle on the back. Used the ruler on my SAK and pocketwrench for sizing. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 16
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 16
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 13
Back