Leatherman Micra slop

I have a leatherman micra that I like because its so small and has actually come in handy more than a few times. However, the scissors have developed play in the blades which makes cutting a tedious effort (have to 'push' them together so the blades are making contact). Has anyone sent anything back to leatherman? I hate to have a tool, that for the most part works, trashed if its something that could be fixed. Ive thought of taking a punch and hammer and seeing if I could tighten up the pivot but dont know if it made a mark, if they could give me a hard time. Not really sure what my question is but anyone have any suggestions or comments? Thanks!

Ryan

I don't have a solution for your problem, but would like to say that you probably would get a better response in the Multi-tools and Multi-purpose knives forum. You may be able to ask a moderator to move this thread.

Send it in to Leatherman. Most likely they'll just send you a new one back.

Ditto. I think they have a 25 year warranty. Just added a Micra to my keychain. :thumbup:

Plz let us know what result you get if you send it back.

best regards

ThreadMoving.jpg

I guess your only options are to send it back to Leatherman, or just live with it the way it is.

-[digidude]

I have a Micra and it also has play in the scissors portion, but also the joints when you open. Not as much play as you mentioned - mine still cuts fine. When I got mine (Wally World), I looked at several and they were pretty well all the same. I'm putting up with mine because that thing is soooo handy to have around. It is a bit annoying, though - up here they are a bit of coin, and when you look at something like the Wave II, it's as tight as a drum:) On the other hand, for the amount of I've used it, it hasn't gotten any looser either. I guess time will tell on that. I've only had mine a few months.

- gord

Planterz said:
Send it in to Leatherman. Most likely they'll just send you a new one back.
Ditto. Send it back to them with a letter describing your problem. The Leatherman company seems to have an excellent reputation in customer relations and real interest in product improvement. Just send it to them...you will have no problem with that route.

PS: When you do send it for repair/exchange, please post what your experience, response, and remedy is after you send it to Leatherman.

Back