Leatherman Refurbishing?

Howdy,
i've got a friend with a Leatherman which needs some refurbishing (corrosion issues plus one blade partially broken)...
Does anyone 'round here refurbish these items?
Do let me know.

Send it back to leatherman, if it's still covered by the warranty. In some cases, even if its not, they'll either fix it right up or replace it outright with a new one.

Btw, what model Leatherman multi-tool is it? Could be a collectors edition.

Thank you both for your responses.
i have been trying to find out the model number since before i started this inquiry thread. Will find out "what" so as to find out "if" collector's piece. He's more inclined to refurbish existing than sell if collector's item, tho, cuz a gift from the wife, so don't hold your breath, Sparkee, if you're looking for a sweet deal on expanding a collection :).

All leatherman models, including the "retired" flavors, are on the leatherman website.

:thumbup:

The Leatherman is the two-year old Charge TTi, with titanium body. It's actually the Charge ALX but with the titanium body, since the actual tools don't correspond exactly to the current version TTi.

The Leatherman is the two-year old Charge TTi, with titanium body. It's actually the Charge ALX but with the titanium body, since the actual tools don't correspond exactly to the current version TTi.

It is probably XTi than :eek:
There were 2 models with the same configuration than AL and ALX ...they had titanium body and were named Ti and XTi. You can find all about those models under Leatherman > Retired Tools

I had some contacts with Leatherman warranty team recently and they are realy nice to deal with :)

Thank you both for your responses.
i have been trying to find out the model number since before i started this inquiry thread. Will find out "what" so as to find out "if" collector's piece. He's more inclined to refurbish existing than sell if collector's item, tho, cuz a gift from the wife, so don't hold your breath, Sparkee, if you're looking for a sweet deal on expanding a collection .
Ehehehe. Doesn't hurt to ask, right?:D Although I have to agree with your friend, the sentimental value is worth more than the intrinsic value IMHO. Let us know if he got it all refurbished well and good and update this thread? :thumbup:

Back