Leatherman Squirt P4

Hello everyone,

First post here at blade forums. I thought I would chime in and see how many people use the LM squirt. I recently picked one of these up for my EDC, because I was looking for a very small multi tool that didnt feel like a rock in my pocket. I have to say the P4 really fits the bill, and is probably one of my favorite multi tools to date. It tackles just about everything I encounter on a day to day basis.

Thanks for letting me post, and you all have a really great board here. Keep up the great work.

PS This may go better in the multi tool forum, so the mods can move if needed, thanks. :)

I edc a leatherman quirt and I love it, only problem is that the anodizing on the aluminium chips and scratches really easily. It would be nice if leatherman offered harder anodizing or titanium bolsters, that would make it almost perfect.

Welcome to the forums, Spitfire. I carry both an S4 and a P4 as EDC and have been very pleased with them (carrying for over a year now). I like them a lot better than my Micra in both aesthetics and usefulness. They work even better with a mini (or micro or pico) clip attached to them so that you can remove them from your keys.

Enjoy your stay here.

I took my S4 off my keyring last week because it has just about worn out. I used it hard for about a year. It's a great tool. I was a Micra fan before but IMO the Squirt is much better.

Harry Callahan said:

We've hashed over this in threads in the political forum and here.
I don't think this should have anything to do with liking the P4 or not.

Tim Leatherman voiced his opinion and possibly hurt his (and his company's) repuation by doing so. I see no need to stir the pot in this thread.

I have a P4, which was replaced by an S4 (that my GF stole), and finally settled on a radio shack version of the squirt. (keep the P4 just in case).

What Tim Leatherman did for me outweighs his political position. I would say what he did, but it involves getting a free tool so I don't want people to take advantage. But, believe me he is a real standup guy.

yam

The only nit-pick I have against my P4 is the flat philips screw driver. Other than that, I kind of like mine. Thinking of moving up to the Juice S2 though. Give me a real philips, a slightly bigger blade, scissors, little bigger pliers. Basically, a slightly bigger package that is still pocketable. Just wish the knife blade locked though. It's always something, aint it? ;)

yam said:
The only nit-pick I have against my P4 is the flat philips screw driver. Other than that, I kind of like mine. Thinking of moving up to the Juice S2 though. Give me a real philips, a slightly bigger blade, scissors, little bigger pliers. Basically, a slightly bigger package that is still pocketable. Just wish the knife blade locked though. It's always something, aint it? ;)

All you have to is carry a locking knife! :)

guy g

Gold Member
I have the P4 and the 'orange" juice and my only complaint was the price. Even at Sam's and target they werent the best of bargins.

guy g said:
I have the P4 and the 'orange" juice and my only complaint was the price. Even at Sam's and target they werent the best of bargins.
I got my S4 @ Costco for $24.97 (+ CA tax) w/ a Maglight Solitaire... :D

Bigfoo7431 said:
I got my S4 @ Costco for $24.97 (+ CA tax) w/ a Maglight Solitaire... :D
Yeah, I keep seeing it at my Costco and that's a great price for just the Squirt alone--I just can't bring myself to buy it with the Mag.

guy g

Gold Member
I paid $27.95 for the same combo at Costco. The micra is only $17.00. And there is nt that much more to it.

Planterz

Іди на хуй Путін!
The Squirt is a far better tool than the Micra. No, there isn't a whole lot more to the Squirt, but the layout of the tools makes the difference. The main blade opens from the outside, and the handles and keys attached to it don't get in the way. The scissors/pliars are more comfortable to use because of the rounded scales. The tweezers on the S4 model are better than the Micra's.

The only thing I wish differently on the Squirt is the aluminum anodization chips very easily.

Planterz

Іди на хуй Путін!
Considering how much I use it, yes, and then some.

Don't get me wrong, if the Micra is all you need and want, then $10 more for the Squirt probably isn't worth it. To me, it is. Months of use have proven its superior convenience, and the extra money was long forgotten. I'm even thinking of getting a new one, along with a custom kydex sheath for it.

Most people don't need power door locks and remote keyless entry. Or a remote control for their TV. But they sure are convenient, aren't they?

guy g

Gold Member
My p/u doesnt have power locks or a keyless entry, drives my wife nuts.