Leatherman Supertool Awl Blade

I have noticed that the Supertool awl blade is pretty dull at the tip. Anybody have some ideas to remedy this problem?

Thanks for your advice.
Later, Jeff

------------------
Anybody seen the bactine, please?!?!?!?

Good idea, but any idea how so I don't wear out a couple of stones and my patience doing it?
smile.gif

Later, Jeff

actually did do that with my older Supertool, just took forever

------------------

Do you... Dremel? I must be loopy
smile.gif
A dremel with a grinding wheel should do the trick. Or a bastard file. People don't like my last suggestion but have become quite good shaping metal without distorting or leaving scrape marks that can't be polished out. Just take your time.

I don't Dremel......YET. I am going to have to invest in one hear pretty quick, though. Seems like a handy little device to have around. Thanks for the ideas, David.

------------------

Have you considered leaving it alone? I find that while the dullish tip makes some punches a bit more difficult, it allows more versatility to the tool. In its present form I use the ST awl also as a probe and a router, both uses benefiting from a less aggressive point.

I guess it depends on what you use the awl for, but for me it works fine the way it is.

My awl broke. Is there a way to get a replacement? I am unfamiliar with Leatherman's repair policy.

The Leatherman Warranty.

Domestic Warranty Information (U.S.)

25-YEAR Guarantee (Limited Warranty)

If within 25 years from date of purchase you find any defect in material or workmanship with your Leatherman product, return it to Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. for repair. At our option, we may replace the product.

This warranty does not cover abuse, alteration, unauthorized or unreasonable use of the Leatherman product. This warranty does not cover sheaths, accessories or colored finishes. We recommend you replace the sheath as necessary.

In order to obtain service, return your tool to the address shown below. When you send your tool, be sure it is insured. We cannot be responsible for items that do not reach us.

Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is not liable for incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.

This warranty also gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.

Leatherman Warranty Service

We take extraordinary measures so that your LEATHERMAN® tool will give you many years of dependable service. If it doesn’t, we will gladly repair or replace it under our 25-year guarantee. To send us a tool for warranty service, please take the following steps:

1. Package the tool securely. (Unfortunately, we can not be responsible for tools that never reach us.) You should keep your tool sheath. In the package, please include your name, return address and a brief description of the problem.

2. To ship via US Mail, please insure it. Use the following address:

Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.
ATTN: Warranty
P.O. Box 20595
Portland, OR 97294

3. Shipping via UPS, your package is automatically insured for up to $100. Use this address:

Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.
ATTN: Warranty
12106 NE Ainsworth Circle
Portland, OR 97220
503-253-7826

4. We do the rest.

Besides fixing your specific problem, we will inspect your entire tool and make any repairs or adjustments necessary to meet our stringent specifications for a new tool. No more than five business days after we receive it, we will ship your tool back to you via UPS at our expense. (Shipments to addresses outside the contiguous 48 states are sent via parcel post.)

If you need additional warranty information, or have any further comments, please email us at toolwarranty@leatherman.com.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Back