Leatherman Wave+ and Charge + Pliers?

Alright, so I've been looking over some of the limited coverage we have over the wave+ and charge+, and I've noticed that the pliers don't look reinforced. These two plier heads are the first ones I've seen without the reinforcement on the sides of the pliers to make up for the parts of them ground away to fit the replaceable cutters in.

I do have a wave+ coming in the mail, and I will be uploading pictures as I get it. However I was just wondering if anyone else had some concerns over the lack of reinforcement on this new plier design.

I am pretty new to multi-tools. I won the wave plus a few weeks ago and have since also gotten the super tool 300. You are correct. When looking at the wave there is absolutely no reinforcement for replaceable cutters cut out. The super tool of course does have this and looks a lot more durable because of it. I have only used to pliers on the wave a few times so far, to cut wires of electronics for scrapping, and to screw in a broken couch leg. Seem fine. With the warranty leatherman has, I am not all that concerned. And if it does become a problem I'm pretty sure they will fix it. I like the wave plus over the super tool because of weight and pocket clip. I also have never had an original wave to compare to.
2hfnwmnr.jpg

Back