• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

$#^&!*$# Leatherman!

Dropped my Wave today while using the blade to cut the cellophane off of a Recordable CD -- slid through my hand, the blade lightly catching the inside of my thumb. Sliced an inch-across gash. Ouch.

Blood everywhere.

OSHA recordable incident.

No stitches, just a sani-strip and LOTS of gauze.

Then I come back from the ER to find my office decorated with a chalk outline of a body in my cube, complete with knife in hand! (sorry the pics wouldn't carry over)

The moral: Watch those Leatherman blades -- the factory edge is very sharp!

Also, never expect much sympathy from your coworkers...

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." --Douglas Adams

[This message has been edited by CD Fleischer (edited 07 September 1999).]

CD: I get "Access forbidden from external hosts" for your pix. I'll have to use my imagination about your coworkers.

Tough luck on the accident. Guess there's an edge and a band-aid out there with each of our names on it.

At least you weren't using a chainsaw!
(The pics didn't work, by the way)

Regards,
Fire(OneThumb)Prez

------------------
That's my two cents. Hey! How come you're giving me change?

Sorry the pics won't show. They are on a Yahoo group board.

At least it was a clean cut, thanks to the keen edge of the blade...

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." --Douglas Adams

Well, I have a super Leatherman with the locking blades (the regular one went south with kid ~1 -- funny how that happens), and while it's a great tool in many respects, the regular blade does NOT hold a decent edge. It was significantly dulled last winter after cutting and whittling some hot dog sticks! Haven't used the wavy/serrated blade enough to judge. I won't have any problem peeling insulation on wires or ripping open burlap sacks with it, but I'll be carrying something else for cutting. (Screwdrivers and pliers are excellent, nonetheless.)

Geez Clay,
Watch yer language...this is a family forum ya know.

Seriously, glad the worse victim was the joke. Take care buddy and when was your last Tetnus shot?

Tell Steph I said no sharing house work duties for 2 weeks. He heh.

------------------
~Greg~

Clay,

you can save the image file locally there, and file-attach it to me via email. I'll gladly host the pic for you, so that the rest of the forumites can see it.
smile.gif

Dan

[This message has been edited by Dannyc (edited 08 September 1999).]

DannyC: Thanks for the offer, but I think I found a workaround. They will be up and running shortly.

KodiakPA: I figured you would chime in -- between the knife content and the medical content, it is right up your alley. I will pass the news on to Steph. LOL!

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

CD,

LMAO - your co-workers have a fun sense of humor. LOL....I couldn't help, but LOL, I am ROTFLMAO.....too funny.

Sorry, getting cut isn't a joke
frown.gif
Thanks for sharing with us.

BTW is that a GH SN#1 on the ground?
smile.gif

Ray 'md2020'

I'll bet the killer was...

Mr. Fleischer,
In the office,
With the knife!

Take if from a balisong enthusiast: cuts do heal faster with Neosporin.

------------------
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
http://www.4cs.net/~gollnick

Awwww.... thats the cutest little khukri I ever seen...
wink.gif

Back