1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

  2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

    Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

    Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Leaving the Knife Exchange

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by 4mer_FMF, Jan 8, 2017.

  1. unklfranco


    Apr 2, 2011
    Enjoy it all. Although most don't realize it, you are not alone. We are all know the deal. Enjoy the ride.
  2. Peter Hartwig

    Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

    Feb 29, 2008
    Never heard of this happening before, must be some sort of rare phenomena.:)
  3. DeAdEyE956


    Dec 31, 2010
    Holding out for a deadlock from Hawk knives. I get in more arguments with myself about buying knives than I do with my wife- wtf is wrong with me.
    marcus52AR likes this.
  4. Sosa


    Feb 6, 2014
    It helps to buy firearms instead.
    4mer_FMF likes this.
  5. RLDubbya

    RLDubbya HMFIC

    Dec 21, 2016
    Aye. Without attempting to derail the thread, a quick explain: it helps my effed-up mind too see simple facts stated about my situation in that sort of way. Which is why I do it. Not trying to shock anybody.

    I'm glad you know people who have success with anything, including natural medicine.


    Jun 28, 2013
    ^ Ditto this.

    I hope that the heath professionals are keeping you comfortable. I'll keep you in my prayers, RLD.
    I hope that the times you're able to spend here on BladeForums, brings you a sense of peaceful enjoyment, and a momentary distraction away from your horrible situation.
  7. vilePossum


    Jan 14, 2015
    You know, it is actually really easy to not buy anything from the exchange.

    99% of the threads that I take interest in say "conus only", the remaining 1% are either crappy deals or stuff like "f&f or add fees" or something like that.
    4mer_FMF likes this.
  8. red mag

    red mag

    Apr 12, 1999
    You could also try flashlights instead.
    JupiterPaladin and vilePossum like this.

    BITEME Gold Member Gold Member

    Dec 14, 2007
    Still buy a few knives here,but not nearly as much as in the old days,what I did is turn my attention to SAK's collecting ,buying even used ones that needed tlc,and polished and sanded,tried straightening blades as much as I could trying to cherry them out ,just basically a diversion but have saved myself a ton of money in the process and still get to play with quality knives
    JupiterPaladin likes this.
  10. JupiterPaladin

    JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

    May 4, 2016
    I've been thinking the same thing. I keep looking at the Exchange when I know damn well I got more than I'll ever need already, and BAM! A PM2 is coming now. My purchase price is inching upward every time. I do manage to only go for the real steals though... Plus I needed Spyderco knife #6... And I didn't have a PM2 yet... And I don't have any S30V blades anymore... And I had to try the compression lock... We all got issues man!
    4mer_FMF likes this.
  11. JupiterPaladin

    JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

    May 4, 2016
    I'm sorry friend, but I have to tell you that Bradford Guardian is going to be a constant reminder of your addiction. The only way to truly begin the healing process is to send it to me to get the negative feelings out of your household. I'm here for you brother! ;)


    Crap now I might be stuck surfing for one like that! Nice blade!
  12. K.O.D.

    K.O.D. Water my a**! Get this guy some pepto bismol! Platinum Member

    Aug 21, 2013
    My ex-wife bled me dry. Then, I went into liver failure, and haven't worked since July.

    Since August of 2015, I've sold about 27 knives, and bought 3.

    I usually spent well over $100. Now not so much. I saved Christmas and birthday money. I spent $20 on a Vic super tinker, $40 on a Case mini-copperhead blue kirinite. I broke down and bought a lightly used ZT 095BLK a few weeks ago, and just bought a Spyderco Aqua Salt se used for $85. I did get as a gift when I got sick a Matt Bailey model 2 flipper.

    I'm done for the year now.
  13. adamlau


    Oct 13, 2002
    Not of your taste for mid to mid-high end persists. Your discretionary income will be drained just as fast, if not faster with the nicer stuff...
    4mer_FMF likes this.

Share This Page