Lee Valley peasant kitchen knife

Thought I'd give everyone a heads up a bargain performance kitchen knife. Just got this from Lee Valley tools. I am giddy with happiness. It's really well balanced and sharp. I put it in the same category as Opinels and Mora puukkos where they're cheap but just work great for what they are. And that carbon blade is turning a nice blueish patina. Between this, a pair of long and short carbon fillet knives and I got off Ebay from maker Fishing Fool, I've turned to using carbon blades for the kitchen.

http://www.leevalley.com/gifts/page.asp?page=50694&category=4,104,45477&abspage=1&ccurrency=2&SID=

they look great....if not for shipping charges, I might want that one for Christmas. should work great for camp kitchen duties....

as an aside, I have the Lee valley catalog, and if you're into restoration of an old house, or woodworking, you must have the catalog.

I was going to get a couple of them after work today. :D

Who makes a good carbon steel cleaver?

I saw the peasant knife in the new catalog and was intrigued. I'll probably end up getting one when my Lee Valley "want list" gets long enough to justify an order.

Back