Leek Warranty Question

I sent a older 2007 leek in for repair with a 440A blade and my blade got replace what steel would it be. Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
Sorry I stand corrected 440A
IMAG0217.jpg

Definetly an upgrade! Should give you more use between sharpening or stroping. Also added corrosion resistance over the old 440a. I believe it a little higher rockwell 58-59

14c28n is a better steel, 440A is comparable to 420HC, just barely passable as a blade steel, 440C holds a better edge but is tough to sharpen, 14c28n in my experience holds an edge almost as well as 440C (which I find indistinguishable from 154CM in use) but is just slightly more difficult to sharpen than 420HC.

I don't have the specs in front of me, but the 14c should hold an edge better and have better corrosion resistance than 440a. I think the 440 was replaced by 13c which held an edge better, but lacked the same resistance to corrosion. The 14c replaced the 13c and upped the corrosion resistance. Should be run harder as well if I remember correctly.

If I send in my 03 Leek for sharpening they wont change the blade out will they?

If I send in my 03 Leek for sharpening they wont change the blade out will they?

No not unless you use the blade replacement program. Sharpening is just that :thumbup:

Back