Lefty Bandicoot

I am not a Rat, yet. I have been researching Swamp Rat Knives all day and for about the past hour I have been ready to piss myself cause I may finally be able to afford a "Busse" - or at least an inexpensive one.

My current problem is I am a student, and I live in a low rent apt complex. I am applicable for a weapons liscense, but I cannot carry it on campus. All I ever do is walk to or from campus, so why get it. (Dont get me wrong, I got some neat toys in my apt.)
Well, my life got interesting last week when I was not hospitable to a drunk who previously lived in my neighborhood, and he slashed my tires. I have called the police, and they "Cannot do anything unless I saw him do it."
I doubt this guy will show his face again, but just in case I am looking for some more conceilable, yet leagal toys.

BTW, My car dosent run in the first place, so I am not planning on getting the tires fixed anytime soon. (Actually I am going to wait until the first of the year and see if I can buy my brothers car with another loan.)

I currently carry a benchmade in one pocket and a spyderco in the other. But I worry about becoming a idiot when or if the poo ever hits the fan and not being able to work the opening mechanisms, espically with gloves in the next few months. Besides, I think a new fixed blade would suit me well (Espically a Busse - or a more inexpensive one)

My question is: How conceilable and "sheeple friendly" is the Bandicoot? How "tackey" is the handle material? Will it be conceilable under a jacket?

Originally posted by SamuraiDave

My question is: How conceilable and "sheeple friendly" is the Bandicoot? How "tackey" is the handle material? Will it be conceilable under a jacket?

The Bandicoot is a fairly small knife and could easily be carried as an EDC. Is it sheeple friendly? Well, I don't know if SAK's are sheeple friendly anymore, but it is not an intimidating knife at all. It can easily be worn on the belt or IWB and is a great utility type knife.

The Resiprene C is hard to explain, the best thing I can compare it to is a fully inflated car tire(sorry ;)) It has a light texture but has the hardness of a car tire.

Any of you other cootie owners have any thoughts?

:D:D:D

Originally posted by Eric Isaacson

The Resiprene C is hard to explain, the best thing I can compare it to is a fully inflated car tire(sorry ;)) It has a light texture but has the hardness of a car tire.
:D:D:D

Kind of like holding onto a bicycle grip too: It's not sticky but you know you can get a good "death grip" on it if necessary. Of course, my bike riding days were many long years ago & things may have changed since then. ;)

Mac

I will respond even though my bandicoot bit me last night.(Bad Cootie, bad Cootie)

The bandicoot or howling rat would be an excellent choice.
You have a positve grip, even with gloves. I was white tail hunting yeserday and can say this from experience. With the finger choil the way it is, you can even wear a fairly bukly glove and have a good grip.

The respirine is dificult to explain, but I can tell you it remains "grippy" when covered in blood.

Osiyo Dawi.
Get the Bandicoot. You will like it, guaranteed!!!!:)

I recently got a Cooter and a Camp Tramp and both are very nice knives.
If you recall my Busse Basic 9 then you will remember what the resiperine is like. You said you liked it when you were here anyway.

Eric has said that the Bandicoot was designed as a backup for LEO's so I think that's a good recommendation as well.

I just got a bandicoot and feel that for covert carry, and fast into action your going to have to have a custom concealex or kydex sheath made. Its just too tough to withdraw quickly from the leather sheath. If they had added a single eyelet to the bottom of the sheath, a person could have run para cord through it, and made a loop which would have let you attach it to your belt, then tuck the whole works into your waist band, so that on the draw the sheath would have stayed put after moving a short distance and the knife free, although it would take a stiff tug. As is the sheath works fine, but not fast. If you need one hand fast deployment forget it IMHO. Your paying mostly for the knife. The sheath is a week point, but serviceable. I tried the nylon sheath from the howling rat, and it seemed to work better. But its not fast either. Would like to add that I really like the nylon style sheaths a lot better than I thought I would. Very effective. First ones I have owned of that style.

Both sheaths are fine for utility. And by the way, many a knife sheath does not work out too great for IWB carry. Even kydex ones.

Back