Legal Carry in Los Angeles

Thank you all for the suggestions. I forgot to mention the no spyderco thing. I personally find them hideous and they seem to taper off too severely for my liking. That Emerson CQC14 looks beautiful, but it's over 4x what I was planning on spending, for less knife. I was really looking into the Benchmade 810. It's beautiful, but I'm going to talk to some people over their experiences here in Los Angeles before I make any final decisions. I'll be visiting many local knife shops over the next two weeks and measuring up the pros and cons.

If I have no choice, I'll probably go for the CRKT that was posted here earlier.

Once again, thank you all for the help

Last edited:
I'm from Southern California and lived their for over thirty years. In that time I've had my share of run ins with LEOs. It's all about your attitude with them. I've found that if you give respect, they usually return the respect. Not always the case, but just something to keep in mind especially if you're carrying a weapon. My experience with knives and cops is if it is under 3 inches, they will give it back.

I'm not saying kiss their asses, but can attract more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.

I am not looking to disrespect any LEO, if anything I'd give them the utmost respect.

Will all due respect however, I'm looking for the legal line that I can't cross. As much as I know that good interaction can save my hide, I don't want to be left wondering until it's coming towards the end. Seeing how with the newer blades I'm looking at can all cost over $100, I don't want it taken away, for me to never see it again

Back