Legit Benchmade or fake?

I have (2) Benchmade balisong Morpho 51's
One has been my EDC for a 3 years or so. It is a 100% real Benchmade purchased from a authorized dealer.
The other I just purchased from. A knife show but I'm skeptical to it's authenticity. Would anyone be able to tell me if I bought a fake or not? I've been searching and can't confirm 100% if someone ripped me off or if I have a legit new Benchmade.
Please click the link for detailed photos of the known (well used) real Benchmade and the new on that is in question. I would really appreciate your knowledge input. Thank you.
PHOTOS LINK:

I'm no expert and your pics aren't the greatest but I think you got yourself a counterfeit. The butterfly looks off center and out of alignment, and the engraving on the other side looks completely wrong. Even if they had changed the position to that new, very awkward location across the plunge, I think they would make it deep enough to be more legible.

Pretty sure the back-side blade markings should look like this:

Benchmade-51-close.jpg

I'm no expert and your pics aren't the greatest but I think you got yourself a counterfeit. The butterfly looks off center and out of alignment, and the engraving on the other side looks completely wrong. Even if they had changed the position to that new, very awkward location across the plunge, I think they would make it deep enough to be more legible.
I thought the same thing on the
Pretty sure the back-side blade markings should look like this:

Benchmade-51-close.jpg
This one is 100% real and it has D2 Benchmade U.S.A marked horizontally. I'm leaning towards the new one is a fake though. I don't like the butterfly size and location.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the butterfly size and location. Making me think it's a counterfeit. Because they were marked in a few different ways I just want to see if there is 100% way to tell for sure.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the butterfly size and location. Making me think it's a counterfeit. Because they were marked in a few different ways I just want to see if there is 100% way to tell

I have (2) Benchmade balisong Morpho 51's
One has been my EDC for a 3 years or so. It is a 100% real Benchmade purchased from a authorized dealer.
The other I just purchased from. A knife show but I'm skeptical to it's authenticity. Would anyone be able to tell me if I bought a fake or not? I've been searching and can't confirm 100% if someone ripped me off or if I have a legit new Benchmade.
Please click the link for detailed photos of the known (well used) real Benchmade and the new on that is in question. I would really appreciate your knowledge input. Thank you.
PHOTOS LINK:
100% real photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WC6x22o95x7Jj6sw5

I'm question knife photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y17XiqP8TRqBbS52A

All of those are real photos.
I hope your right. Not only because I paid about what they sold for new and really wanted it in case mine ever gets lost or stolen I'll have my favorite EDC back-up knife ready to go.
However did you see the photos in the first post? I wish I could be 200% it is a real Benchmade. If it's fake I'll start carrying that one until it breaks. If it's real I'd like to keep it new until I need it.

I hope your right. Not only because I paid about what they sold for new and really wanted it in case mine ever gets lost or stolen I'll have my favorite EDC back-up knife ready to go.
However did you see the photos in the first post? I wish I could be 200% it is a real Benchmade. If it's fake I'll start carrying that one until it breaks. If it's real I'd like to keep it new until I need it.
I have no idea about the knife. The photos on the other hand, are definitely real.

Stop asking me relevant questions. I am very busy adding absolutely nothing of value to the conversation.

If you bought it at a gun show table, AND you have doubts now after the fact, then there's a good chance that it's probably about as real as the ones marked down at the flea market tables.

There are so many fakes flooding the market, especially of certain brands such as Benchmade and Microtech, I have a very hard time trusting anything from a questionable and/or unknown source, or an unauthorized dealer (like one of those glorified swap-meet tables looking for a quick buck).

Why don't you ask the Mod to move this to the Benchmade subforum, where we have a Benchmade Rep moderating. He has helped others identify fakes before.

I thought the same thing on the

This one is 100% real and it has D2 Benchmade U.S.A marked horizontally. I'm leaning towards the new one is a fake though. I don't like the butterfly size and location.

There are at least two variations of the steel marking on the riscasso, but neither looks like the one you posted.
The one I posted previously has: D2, actual patent number, Benchmade, USA
The one below is an earlier variation (since the patent hadn't been given a number yet).
In both cases, the "D2" is placed in the gap between the handles or a hair below.

benchmade-32-morpho-g-10-titanium-balisong-custom-knife-10350-open-l.jpg

Are there any Benchmade experts who can tell me if I purchased a fake? I have my original 51 that I bought from a dealer and I recently picked up another as a back up. I'm leaning twords it being really good fake but I'm still not 100% sure.
Please see the 23 photos for comparison. The for sure real knife has been my EDC for a few years, it does show lots of use.
PHOTOS:
Thanks you in advance.

Most of the benchmade butterfly fakes are pretty obvious,, esp because benchmade uses proprietary hardware. There's a lot of variation within the same model esp a long running model like 51. Stampings, finish, sharpening, all over the place. Some i have are like jewels, some are pretty rough, maybe shouldnt have passed qc lol. Yours seem pretty good. If one is a fake that eastern factory should be making high end originals.

Did you ever come to a conclusion on this?

My non expert opinion is its real.

Back