1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LEO Project!

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by Dragons Breath Knives, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Dragons Breath Knives

Dragons Breath Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 24, 2014
    Been working on a project for a group of Tennessee Sherriffs. 5/32” CPM-154 HRC-60. Canvas Micarta and Mosaic and Carbon Fiber pins. Some flats are bead blasted and Ferric kissed for a non-reflective finish! Deadly beefcakes they are!
    I would LOVE any feedback!
    https://imgur.com/a/jvUvJ

https://imgur.com/a/UIgPv

⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️
    DBKnives

2. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    That's a good looking knife and looks quite stout. I'm sure they will like it. :thumbsup:

3. CAD679

CAD679

Oct 2, 2011
    Really nice knife.

I am working on a design for patrol. After 23 years and talking to other officers a small fixed blade is ideal. I will post pics when I get one ground out.

4. sgt244

sgt244 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Please do, I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with.

Not sure a fixed blade is ideal for patrol though, duty belts already filled to capacity with the gun holster/flashlight/taser/mace/baton/cuffs/radio/TQ popping a fixed blade on there might be a bit rough.

Also, wouldn't you say in a tussle its somewhat of a liability as the perp might grab it. Of course they can go for your gun, however generally speaking the gun holsters for LEOS have level 3 retention. Wouldn't a stout folding blade be ideal for patrol? - lighter weight/ concealable / less room taken up on person ect.ect.

5. Khromo

Khromo

May 25, 2018
    I am sure anyone would like a knife like that! That is a beauty.

I worked till retirement in law enforcement, working in the "not really Mexico, but not really the U.S. either" zone adjacent to the Mexican border. Here is what I think.

In my opinion, if a law enforcement officer is going to carry a fixed blade like that on their person, it will more likely be in execution of a search warrant, or some other high-excitement activity. And while this is may not be "right", that knife will eventually be used as a pry bar, or possibly a chisel, hammer, no kidding. Maybe not a hammer, but more than likely a pry bar.

Guys carry so much gear that there is no way they will ever have a real pry bar or hammer at hand, as opposed to sleeping in the trunk.

I would bear the pry bar usage in mind as I worked through the process!

6. Dragons Breath Knives

Dragons Breath Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 24, 2014
    Thanks for the input and comments! The guys are very pleased and are like a bunch of kids with new toys!!!!!