LEO Project!

That's a good looking knife and looks quite stout. I'm sure they will like it. :thumbsup:

Really nice knife.

I am working on a design for patrol. After 23 years and talking to other officers a small fixed blade is ideal. I will post pics when I get one ground out.

Please do, I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with.

Not sure a fixed blade is ideal for patrol though, duty belts already filled to capacity with the gun holster/flashlight/taser/mace/baton/cuffs/radio/TQ popping a fixed blade on there might be a bit rough.

Also, wouldn't you say in a tussle its somewhat of a liability as the perp might grab it. Of course they can go for your gun, however generally speaking the gun holsters for LEOS have level 3 retention. Wouldn't a stout folding blade be ideal for patrol? - lighter weight/ concealable / less room taken up on person ect.ect.

I am sure anyone would like a knife like that! That is a beauty.

I worked till retirement in law enforcement, working in the "not really Mexico, but not really the U.S. either" zone adjacent to the Mexican border. Here is what I think.

In my opinion, if a law enforcement officer is going to carry a fixed blade like that on their person, it will more likely be in execution of a search warrant, or some other high-excitement activity. And while this is may not be "right", that knife will eventually be used as a pry bar, or possibly a chisel, hammer, no kidding. Maybe not a hammer, but more than likely a pry bar.

Guys carry so much gear that there is no way they will ever have a real pry bar or hammer at hand, as opposed to sleeping in the trunk.

I would bear the pry bar usage in mind as I worked through the process!

Back