"Less-Than-Lethal" flashlight for E&E?

Sure-Fire has just become yet another company and name in the "tactical" arena of gear and most of the points surrounding Sure-Fire being "better" really have more to do with pride of ownership and other issues.

They will serve people very, very well. I see them being a bit better than Fenix but that small increase in quality comes with a hell of a price tag and I just have better things to do with my money.

I coulden't have said it better. I sold My Surefire soon after I got my Fenix. I will say I can't find any gaps in quality between the SF Outdoorsman and my Fenix L2D..they are both very well made and finished.

Laser Products did however play a part in a great scene in The Terminator...

I only have a 4Sevens Quark AA2, but it certainly seems strong enough to blind/beat someone with. may be a little too heavy for some to be an EDC light, but I am guessing you aren't overly concerned about weight if you want to use this light as a weapon. The price is great for what you get as well :D

Surefire E2D LED

Put me down as #6, or whatever the number is, of E2DL carriers. I use mine daily and love it. I think Surefire hit a home run with the LED E-Series lights. The amount of focused light these put out is insane. I just got back from a mile and a half walk in the middle of the night and was once again impressed by it's output. If I were to replace it today I would consider the LX2 as well. Same output as the new E2DL but different interface.

FYI: You can buy Surefires used for much less than new. I've purchased a few used and paid around half of retail.

Surefire is the way to go. If the price is a bit steep try the Olight M21S. Very good bang for your buck!

I have offerings from Surefire, Fenix, Olight, and 4Sevens. While I love my Surefire, I don't feel that the added cost to me justifies what I get out of it, and probably won't look to them next time I'm looking to get something new. These days, when I go for a light, its almost always one of my 4sevens, feature and performance wise, they seem to best suit my purposes.

I've also heard good things about the Malkoff Surefire and Maglite conversions, and was thinking about trying it out, anyone here use one?

I have offerings from Surefire, Fenix, Olight, and 4Sevens. While I love my Surefire, I don't feel that the added cost to me justifies what I get out of it, and probably won't look to them next time I'm looking to get something new.

There customer service is impressive, thats one other thing I love about surefire.....they got your back like Esee does

I have several 4Sevens lights; two Quark AA2s (R5 and S2), an AA2 Mini, a Preon 2, and a Preon Revo. They are all excellent. :thumbup:

The SureFire is a great light, but I bought 3 of my lights new and 2 second-hand in excellent condition; all of them together cost about the same as one Surefire E2D LED. I also prefer the availability of AA and AAA over CR123s.

I've carried SureFire flashlights for years. I've replaced them with Fenix lights and I'm looking to sell them. I now carry an LD10 and an LD20 and I'm very happy with them. The LD10 is a bit small in my hand to use for defensive purposes but the LD20 is just right. That's what I carry into every club I go to in LA.

Carried maglights for years until I came across surefire. I picked up a Surefire G2 Incandescent a few years ago and have carried it every day since. Batteries are a major bummer for this thing. What I don't see here is anyone talking about Streamlight, I am curious why. I picked up the Nano and Micro Streamlights and am looking to get a PolyTac light. Still CR123 but 3 times the run time over my surefire. Got one for my brother for Christmas and he loves it. Seems like their prices are competitive, so where are the Streamlight fans?

I've carried SureFire flashlights for years. I've replaced them with Fenix lights and I'm looking to sell them. I now carry an LD10 and an LD20 and I'm very happy with them. The LD10 is a bit small in my hand to use for defensive purposes but the LD20 is just right. That's what I carry into every club I go to in LA.

I've EDC'd one of my single CR123 lights for years and a few months ago was the first time I was ever told I had to have my light with the female body searcher at the entrance and pick it up when I'm leaving.
I told her that it better be there when I return and it was.

Carried maglights for years until I came across surefire. I picked up a Surefire G2 Incandescent a few years ago and have carried it every day since. Batteries are a major bummer for this thing. What I don't see here is anyone talking about Streamlight, I am curious why. I picked up the Nano and Micro Streamlights and am looking to get a PolyTac light. Still CR123 but 3 times the run time over my surefire. Got one for my brother for Christmas and he loves it. Seems like their prices are competitive, so where are the Streamlight fans?

I have the incan Streamlight Scorpion and the Twintask, both 2x CR123 lights. The Scorpion was bright for it's time but I was never impressed with the Twintask. Both the incan and LED sucked on mine. I also have two of the KeyMates which are also button cell lights but slightly bigger than the Nanos.

Here's an older shot with the Keymates on the left.
FlashlightCollection2010-05-1913.jpg

I've EDC'd one of my single CR123 lights for years and a few months ago was the first time I was ever told I had to have my light with the female body searcher at the entrance and pick it up when I'm leaving. I told her that it better be there when I return and it was.

I can see them taking a flashlight if people had been using them to disrupt shows, or using them to annoy people on the dance floor, or whatever. Club Nokia in downtown LA won't allow whistles for that reason.

My favorite club doesn't allow people to bring in canes (unless they have a medical reason for having a cane) because certain people have been known to hit other patrons accidentally with their canes while dancing.

Their reason was that they didn't want me using it as an impact weapon. I was thinking what sort of riff raff do these guys normally get in here.
As it is I rarely go to clubs anymore.

I can see them taking a flashlight if people had been using them to disrupt shows, or using them to annoy people on the dance floor, or whatever. Club Nokia in downtown LA won't allow whistles for that reason.

My favorite club doesn't allow people to bring in canes (unless they have a medical reason for having a cane) because certain people have been known to hit other patrons accidentally with their canes while dancing.

I've got a Fenix LD20 which is great and for a lot less you could get a mini mag with a LED upgrade, either should be good for what you are describing.

In case anyone was leaning in the SF direction, this was included in GoingGear's newsletter.

The price changes mentioned in last month's email have been delayed until April 1, 2011 (poor choice of a date, I know).* If you are thinking about picking up a Surefire product, now is the time to do it!* The price changes are significant on most items, especially the G2X and 6PX models, which are almost doubling in price.* Those two models are killer deals at their current prices and we just received a shipment filling us back up on inventory

In case anyone was leaning in the SF direction, this was included in GoingGear's newsletter.

Thanks Delkancott, I thought I'd mentioned that price increase here but I must have done so in another thread. I got a couple e-newsletters from dealers I subscribe to mentioning the price increase.
As I mentioned before, this won't affect me since I'm done with buying SF. I'm not jumping out of planes, engaging enemy combatants in the dead of night, or anything else that would deem the legendary reputation of SF as my only choice. I've been getting by just fine with my "cheapy" Fenix lights and others for the past 5 years.

Back