Let’s see some choppers!

Jack of All Blades Jack of All Blades please tell us about the Moask
The Moask is by far my favorite Busse knife,

I haven't tested it out back yet but I have chopped with it before so here are some key things I remembered.

The full height grind + razor sharp convex edge makes it slice through thicker pieces, you'd think it wouldn't be able to based on the way it handles.
What it lacks in brute chopping power it more than makes up for in agility. THIS THING IS FAST! I don't have very accurate calipers but im pretty sure its distally tapered to the tip from about 8 inches or so up the blade. At a 14inch blade length and only ~24ounces, along with no holes in the "pommel" theoretically bringing the balance point back further, its THE best handling piece of Infi I've ever owned. The Moab has a similar "lighter than it looks" feel to it however the Moab ain't no 24ounces. I have a theory the Infi Ruck would give it a run for its money but I haven't gotten my hands on one of those...yet. Until then the Magnum Moask is the ultimate close quarters sword.
Also I've found that adding g10 to a Busse adds about 1 ounce, more on fusion handles. so a smooth micarta variant should be even swifter.

Ill try to test it again tomorrow if it's dry and refresh my memory, been raining on and off the past couple days.:thumbsdown:

Edit: when i say "lacks in chopping power" Im comparing it to the WTF(heavy), the modded BB13(22oz), and a Nuked Forsaken mistress(25oz), two are completely aimed at chopping power, and believe it was on par if not a little better than the forsaken mistress.

Last edited:
The Moask is by far my favorite Busse knife,

I haven't tested it out back yet but I have chopped with it before so here are some key things I remembered.

The full height grind + razor sharp convex edge makes it slice through thicker pieces, you'd think it wouldn't be able to based on the way it handles.
What it lacks in brute chopping power it more than makes up for in agility. THIS THING IS FAST! I don't have very accurate calipers but im pretty sure its distally tapered to the tip from about 8 inches or so up the blade. At a 14inch blade length and only ~24ounces, along with no holes in the "pommel" theoretically bringing the balance point back further, its THE best handling piece of Infi I've ever owned. The Moab has a similar "lighter than it looks" feel to it however the Moab ain't no 24ounces. I have a theory the Infi Ruck would give it a run for its money but I haven't gotten my hands on one of those...yet. Until then the Magnum Moask is the ultimate close quarters sword.
Also I've found that adding g10 to a Busse adds about 1 ounce, more on fusion handles. so a smooth micarta variant should be even swifter.

Ill try to test it again tomorrow if it's dry and refresh my memory, been raining on and off the past couple days.:thumbsdown:

Edit: when i say "lacks in chopping power" Im comparing it to the WTF(heavy), the modded BB13(22oz), and a Nuked Forsaken mistress(25oz), two are completely aimed at chopping power, and believe it was on par if not a little better than the forsaken mistress.

Thanks for the excellent info.

zhjBwDw.jpg

r8TkqpZ.jpg

Whatever it is I love it. Honestly comparing the TGULB and NMFBM handles I love the way they both feel. They make me hesitant to get a Hell Razor 2.

Second pic is WTF, MOABM, Fat NMFSH, MOASH, HOG Gemini.

Third PIC is Saber grind HOGFSH 0.33 aka Fat HHFSH, and the rest are HOGFSH plus the MOASH

Back